Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Or they do a Ken and spend what the club or owner doesn’t have . 
Don’t know if the venkys still get a hard time at Blackburn still but they have put over 100 million into the club in total and recently did some sort of share issue which you can do to get around financial fair play with EFL approval that was I think 38 million  put back into the club 

Venkys have apparently offered “eye-watering” promotion bonuses to all players.

They will be well aware that this season is by fair their best chance that they’ll have of ever recouping their investment, if they can carry on this run and finally reach the pot of gold. Player bonuses will pale into insignificance.

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Venkys have apparently offered “eye-watering” promotion bonuses to all players.

They will be well aware that this season is by fair their best chance that they’ll have of ever recouping their investment, if they can carry on this run and finally reach the pot of gold. Player bonuses will pale into insignificance.

So maybe their last gamble to reach the promised land. 

Shit or bust 

18 hours ago, MickyD said:

You say no mention but on page I said

I feel this is a bit of a mention. It seems their oil billions make you bitter but Man United’s shopping mall millions is somehow fine.

I am more bitter that after beng able to beat Chelsea at home in the 1990s, Bolton suffered 10 straight home league defeats by Chelsea because an oil baron gave them a lot of oil money.That isn't sport to me.Having said that Liverpool would easily be the best team in the country  right now if oil money was banned.So it's not all bad

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I am more bitter that after beng able to beat Chelsea at home in the 1990s, Bolton suffered 10 straight home league defeats by Chelsea because an oil baron gave them a lot of oil money.That isn't sport to me.Having said that Liverpool would easily be the best team in the country  right now if oil money was banned.So it's not all bad

I remember the 1997 victory over Chelsea. Their CWC tie in the Arctic Circle (Tromso) was snowed off on Thursday and played the next day. By Sunday they still hadn't thawed out.

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I remember the 1997 victory over Chelsea. Their CWC tie in the Arctic Circle (Tromso) was snowed off on Thursday and played the next day. By Sunday they still hadn't thawed out.

Deano isn't the most popular lad on here but i think that was another big match he scored the winner in

14 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

But an international sports entertainment franchise built on the back of a plane crash, well that's pure Corinthian spirit of course. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Which are you more bitter about 

Oil money 

Or 

American dividend paying structured debt 

At least oil money comes straight from their own deep pockets, and they're not in it for the profit 

Much the lesser of two evils for me