Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Sweaty Ken would have found a way to funnel the loan into one of his other businesses, probably in an offshore tax haven. At least this way it's gone directly to the club.

Nah he’d of done a chairman’s notes blaming the missing 7k people.

We know they ain't the richest owners in the country, never mind in League One.

Lost a major source of revenue and took out a loan to cover it which most agree values the club at a higher than expected price.

Let's not forget we've dropped 400k on 2 players in the last month. They're doing a good job so far, crack on.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are folk really soul searching though?

Had to apply and got it.

Great business acumen. 

Anyone moaning (no doubt Doncaster et al) can eat shit.

Absolutely.

Great when Sharon walked through the hotel after the game to a rapturous welcome 👏👏

Sunderland sacking Johnson one day before Deadline Day.

In the Premier League - Everton selling Lucas Digne because Benitez fell out with him, then sacking Benitez a week later. Watford with their sacking record.

Just a few examples of the lack of foresight in football ownership. It's nuts. Costs a fortune too.

Most other owners would've sacked Evatt on at least 2 occasions since his appointment. Got to credit Sharon for sticking to her guns with him.

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

But it's good to see the Radisson partnership is still in place. It'd all gone quiet for a while on that front. 

Yes very good news.

I’m not an expert by any stretch, but I expect the name change will mean more prominence for the hotel in web searches and hopefully translate to more sales. Obviously not something they’ve done on a whim.

Official Facebook comments section has some, erm, “interesting” takes on the name change. 

15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes very good news.

I’m not an expert by any stretch, but I expect the name change will mean more prominence for the hotel in web searches and hopefully translate to more sales. Obviously not something they’ve done on a whim.

Official Facebook comments section has some, erm, “interesting” takes on the name change. 

Yes, I'm expecting they've done their research on it. If I were someone who wasn't interested in football and wanted to book a room at the hotel, "Bolton Stadium Hotel" is probably what I'd search for first.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Auntie Shaz.

Makes me cringe everytime I see/hear that.

What ? Auntie Sharron ?

Every time you see Auntie Sharron or Auntie Shaz you flinch ? What's wrong with using Auntie Shaz ? Or even Auntie Sharron ? I'm sure Auntie Sharron is cool with it.

High five for Auntie Sharron !!

17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What ? Auntie Sharron ?

Every time you see Auntie Sharron or Auntie Shaz you flinch ? What's wrong with using Auntie Shaz ? Or even Auntie Sharron ? I'm sure Auntie Sharron is cool with it.

High five for Auntie Sharron !!

Anybody who refers to her as "Auntie Sharon" definitely touches children and needs a hard drive check.

Anyway, some absolute loon on FB has already taken offence at the renaming of the hotel and posted this "So is our ground being called the bolton stadium ... if not stupid name change ... won't be able to sing white army soon..."

We really do have some utter dicks supporting us don't we

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Anybody who refers to her as "Auntie Sharon" definitely touches children and needs a hard drive check.

Anyway, some absolute loon on FB has already taken offence at the renaming of the hotel and posted this "So is our ground being called the bolton stadium ... if not stupid name change ... won't be able to sing white army soon..."

We really do have some utter dicks supporting us don't we

THIS

Be worse then my Hard Drive 

• Site Supporter

We saw an interview posted on here with SB, and she said openly she's happy with being known as auntie Sharon.

It's a harmless compliment that some have used and nothing more.

Getting worked up over it, and throwing paedo comments about really is sad. We're folk abused by a parent's sister or something?