Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham a

radcliffe white

Much better today. Game was for the taking. We competed against the top (or close to top) team and gave em a game.

Defo summat to work with but the narrative always felt like plucky wanderers give em a game as opposed to Accrington play well and beat em. 

Johnstons best game for me

Not sure where Delf played 2nd half.

We can’t cross or defend crosses at the moment which can hopefully be addressed quickly.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Much better today. Game was for the taking. We competed against the top (or close to top) team and gave em a game.

Defo summat to work with but the narrative always felt like plucky wanderers give em a game as opposed to Accrington play well and beat em. 

Johnstons best game for me

Not sure where Delf played 2nd half.

We can’t cross or defend crosses at the moment which can hopefully be addressed quickly.

Might be his best position at centre mid rather than centre half. 

Top effort considering all things & the fans were class. Seeing we struggled so much against Quigley it's no surprise to see Smith feast on our weaknesses. Rotherham are a good shithouse effective unit they know thier strengths two fast as fuck wingers who relentlessly put crosses in for thier big cunts up top. Not a good recipe for us considering how bad we are at letting crosses come in. Del a "striker" by trade filling in as a box to box with Johnston a centre back both in midfield I was expecting a proper hiding but we did well to frustrate whilst offering a threat on the counter. See what magic Evatt can work in the window now aswell as the deadwood he can shift

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, tomski said:

What happened? 

Lots of nothingness. Police seemed to have it sorted. But it certainly created some potential. I think the ten foot difference makes Rotherham supporters feel invincible. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d kill for another proper teak tough old pro centre half, for me it’s a massive priority. 

With you on this and a no nonsense midfielder then we may climb the table still think staying up will be a result all things considered 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve not won in a league or cup match at Rotherham since 1968 according to the Rotherham commentators despite playing them 18 times…. For a club like Bolton that’s disgraceful. 

It is actually 1966 G and until today I hadn’t missed one of them. 

Our incompetent ticket office actually did me a favour with hindsight and I’m glad I missed yet another defeat there. 

We did play better than we have been doing recently away from home and actually managed a goal. 

We really need to start picking up wins ASAP so we don’t get dragged in near the bottom. 

4 out of next 5 are at home though and a chance to get some points on the board.

Edited by captainmed

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

It is actually 1966 G and until today I hadn’t missed one of them. 

Our incompetent ticket office actually did me a favour with hindsight and I’m glad I missed it. 

We did better then we have been doing recently however and actually managed an away goal. 

We really need to start picking up wins ASAP so we don’t get dragged in near the bottom. 

4 out of next 5 are at home though and a chance to get some points on the board.

I’ve probably seen most of them as well, not today though as I’m in the sun, ☀️ watched the game though and while lacking quality we gave 110%, Evatt in his interview after the game reckons we have a few more incoming, it’s a very welcome development and hope we spend some more cash!! Sooner we get that quality in and start putting teams like Rotherham to the sword the better. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve probably seen most of them as well, not today though as I’m in the sun, ☀️ watched the game though and while lacking quality we gave 110%, Evatt in his interview after the game reckons we have a few more incoming, it’s a very welcome development and hope we spend some more cash!! Sooner we get that quality in and start putting teams like Rotherham to the sword the better. 

Agree.

Away form now a massive concern, 7 losses on the spin. 

Enjoy the sun and HNY to you and yours. 

We were ok today but let ourselves down. Free kicks and corners are totally shit, beyond a joke. Whoever takes them. 

Coukd not fault players effort and commitment and support was excellent. Dapo not being fouled in first half was up there as a bad a joke decision by an incompetent ref as you will see. Not saying a red card but a foul.

Dapo looked broken at end after the miss. I expected a hammering so was reasonably surprised a draw would not have flattered us.

99% of our support brilliant but the bloke behind me wanted Delfonso off after 15 minutes FFS.