Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fanzine -World wide wanderers

Krimzon

6 hours ago, waddy256 said:

Ill take photos of all covers for posterity and can share if anyone wants to see.

Yes please! I'd love to read some of them again.

There was a section in HWGA I think along with The Good, the bad the ugly called 'He's having a crack!' about some long forgotten goal that was also a great read.

• 1 month later...

Quick update ...... Once I catalogue everything ill be posting a missing issues  to see if anyone can help

Ive yet to get the bulk of my own collection  out of storage but many many thanks to Bolton Va Va , who I met yesterday (top gent btw)

I have an almost complete collection of : Bolton Wanderers WorldWide 

a half collection of now we want pele

It seems that the Normid Nomad became Here we Go Again which became White love

Come on feel the Wanderers became Tripe 'N' Trotters

And a first (and only ? ) issue of "The last to Leave the Bridgers"   was this a bolton pub ?  Im not a Boltonion being born in Burnley and schooled in Blackburn .......At least getting me head kicked in once a week stood me in good stead for following the Wanderers in the 80's 

Please correct me if Im wrong , and if anyone else wants to sell their collection for missing gaps DM me .

Ive already got a few spares too if anybody wants them , not sure what I will do with the complete collection but they shouldnt be lost to the ages.

Waddy   (he's a bit of a git)

The main problem with putting these together chronologically is that a lot of them didnt have dates or issue numbers so Im trying to do it from the cover price and my memory of events , but being an old fart with failing faculties means it could take some time ....as Captain Oates said.

On 22/01/2022 at 02:44, waddy256 said:

Quick update ...... Once I catalogue everything ill be posting a missing issues  to see if anyone can help

Ive yet to get the bulk of my own collection  out of storage but many many thanks to Bolton Va Va , who I met yesterday (top gent btw)

And a first (and only ? ) issue of "The last to Leave the Bridgers"   was this a bolton pub ?  Im not a Boltonion being born in Burnley and schooled in Blackburn .......At least getting me head kicked in once a week stood me in good stead for following the Wanderers in the 80's 

Please correct me if Im wrong , and if anyone else wants to sell their collection for missing gaps DM me .

Ive already got a few spares too if anybody wants them , not sure what I will do with the complete collection but they shouldnt be lost to the ages.

As far as I know, Normid Nomad and Here We Go Again were unrelated.

Here We Go Again came to an end after 18 (I think) issues.

Some of the contributors to HWGA went on to set up Come on Feel The Wanderers - which eventually became White Love.

Some other contributors of HWGA set up Tripe n Trotters - but I stand to be corrected on this.

I’m due to put the Christmas decs back under the front of the house (cellar) sometime this week - at which point I will dig out all the storage boxes with fanzines in and see what I’ve got.

On 25/01/2022 at 22:51, Smiley said:

As far as I know, Normid Nomad and Here We Go Again were unrelated.

Here We Go Again came to an end after 18 (I think) issues.

Some of the contributors to HWGA went on to set up Come on Feel The Wanderers - which eventually became White Love.

Some other contributors of HWGA set up Tripe n Trotters - but I stand to be corrected on this.

I’m due to put the Christmas decs back under the front of the house (cellar) sometime this week - at which point I will dig out all the storage boxes with fanzines in and see what I’ve got.

Thanks for the info , much appreciated , Ill go back thru them and see how to revise the time line.

Keep me informed if possible .

Many thanks .

• 8 months later...

Im now only a few issues away from a complete collection of every BWFC Fanzine .

I know Smiley has done a book ...and its really really good , the plan now is to digitize every copy I have,  once the collection is complete and maybe put it on disc unless people would like a collected VIZ type softback .  

Either way , apart from Smiley Ive had no luck contacting the original authors . Anyone familiar with legalise know if I can distribute for non-profit ? How long before things become public domain etc ? 

Some of the ink is degrading on the paper so I may have to re-write also if certain things wont scan/copy

Just now, waddy256 said:

Im now only a few issues away from a complete collection of every BWFC Fanzine .

I know Smiley has done a book ...and its really really good , the plan now is to digitize every copy I have,  once the collection is complete and maybe put it on disc unless people would like a collected VIZ type softback .  

Either way , apart from Smiley Ive had no luck contacting the original authors . Anyone familiar with legalise know if I can distribute for non-profit ? How long before things become public domain etc ? 

Some of the ink is degrading on the paper so I may have to re-write also if certain things wont scan/copy

P.S. I also have doubles of some fanzines if anyone wants them . 

On 25/10/2022 at 03:16, waddy256 said:

I gave my 60's 70's 80’s and 90’s collection of programmes and fanzines to the bwfc remembrance group , loads of fanzines in it . Some rich pickings , contact the group and they may fill any gaps in your collections 

On 22/01/2022 at 02:44, waddy256 said:

6 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I gave my 60's 70's 80’s and 90’s collection of programmes and fanzines to the bwfc remembrance group , loads of fanzines in it . Some rich pickings , contact the group and they may fill any gaps in your collections 

Brilliant . Thanks very much mate , ill do that now.