Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander vs Wolves

Gonk

Looks like time has done Elmander a disservice.

Megson signed him as a direct replacement to Anelka which was borderline mental. 

He was better off the front man and in position he was quality. 

I think he was class, I’d kill for us to have someone of his talent now. 

We have him or CYL in the team season after we don’t go down and start our dissent back to division 4.

20 minutes ago, tomski said:

We have him or CYL in the team season after we don’t go down and start our dissent back to division 4.

There are a load of these:-  

- We sack Coyle after Swansea away in October

- We keep Cahill instead of selling him in return for Ream & Sordell

- We do more in training so we aren’t knackered after 60 minutes and actually have a gameplan

- We don’t bring Chungy on in that WBA game

- We put Jussi back in instead of sticking with Bogdan

- We play Muamba

I’m still absolutely astonished we took survival to the last day. Must’ve been a proper shit league that season.

Matt Mills was on Undr The Cosh this week with more damning words about the lack of hard work. 

Sent us back ten years Coyle, and damn near nearly finished us.
Evatt has shed loads of credit left at our place in comparison to Coyle. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

7 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

There are a load of these:-  

- We sack Coyle after Swansea away in October

- We keep Cahill instead of selling him in return for Ream & Sordell

- We do more in training so we aren’t knackered after 60 minutes and actually have a gameplan

- We don’t bring Chungy on in that WBA game

- We put Jussi back in instead of sticking with Bogdan

- We play Muamba

I’m still absolutely astonished we took survival to the last day. Must’ve been a proper shit league that season.

Matt Mills was on Undr The Cosh this week with more damning words about the lack of hard work. 

Sent us back ten years Coyle, and damn near nearly finished us.
Evatt has shed loads of credit left at our place in comparison to Coyle. 

Good post.

• Members
44 minutes ago, tomski said:

Looks like time has done Elmander a disservice.

Megson signed him as a direct replacement to Anelka which was borderline mental. 

He was better off the front man and in position he was quality. 

I think he was class, I’d kill for us to have someone of his talent now. 

I wouldn’t ever call him class or anything close to class but what I will say is this, He was played out of position so much it was criminal . The amount of times he was put out wide. It was mental and everyone could see it. 
The pressure was on him from day one and was expected to bang in 15 goals. We didn’t get the best out of him, he was never prolific and we shouldn’t have expected it but we did with a couple of incompetent managers one more than the other. 

Coyle has absolutely stole a career. He should be tried at The Hague 

Ive no idea of a single team Elmander played for either before or after us.

He just about alright with a superb midfield behind him and SKD doing his dirty work when he was playing for a contract.

The money could have been spent so much better. Total anti climax when he signed, played out of postion but did fuck all to prove himself in the position he shouldve been.

Crap.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

did fuck all to prove himself in the position he shouldve been.

Crap.

Spot on. He’s one of my most disliked Bolton players. 

While I’m not excusing Coyles managerial inadequacies, Robinson, SKD, Sturridge, Holden and CYL showed plenty of fight, passion and determination.

Unlike that 12 million powderpuff, anonymous, gutless and fucking passionless wanker. He was wearing the fucking best shirt in the world and never once did I feel it meant anything to him - the fucking shithouse.

52 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Meant to have gone for a few cocktails the day before the semi.

davies got there and turned around and walked straight back out saying what the eff was going on.

jussi meant to have injured his hand in the warm up.

the rest is the worst day I have known.

Worst for me too, been at games where we've conceded 5, 6, 7, relegations etc but that is the worst. It was possibly the only time an actual on pitch result has made me seriously think about sacking it all off, something in me got snuffed out that day that took months and months to bring back.

Proper damaging, have you ever watched any of it since? I've never seen any of the goals a second time, barely saw a couple of them the first time round!

As for Jussi I didn't know about the hand injury rumour. I remember it being around the time he seemed to keep sinking to his knees before a shot had even been taken giving strikers an easy finish though.

I recall him sulking when Sturridge arrived & took the striker position from him. He didn't even congratulate Sturridge when he scored.

His claim was that, due to that, he was leaving on a Bozman 6m later. He was always leaving on a Bosman.

The skills he showed were proof that he had it, just too rarely produced it.

The season Elmander signed, Steve Claridge, who I hate with a vengeance, predicted he'd be a flop & we'd hugely overpaid. The wanker was, regrettably, spot on.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Worst for me too, been at games where we've conceded 5, 6, 7, relegations etc but that is the worst. It was possibly the only time an actual on pitch result has made me seriously think about sacking it all off, something in me got snuffed out that day that took months and months to bring back.

Proper damaging, have you ever watched any of it since? I've never seen any of the goals a second time, barely saw a couple of them the first time round!

As for Jussi I didn't know about the hand injury rumour. I remember it being around the time he seemed to keep sinking to his knees before a shot had even been taken giving strikers an easy finish though.

Fill das boots

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Never watched it again.

jussi apparently hurt his wrist warming up with the goalie coach and apparently could have done better with 1 or 2 of the goals with a firmer hand on it.

that sole destroying never bothered to watch it back to look.

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen it since. And don’t remember it then. So therefore didn’t happen.

Only thing I really remember was kissing @jules_darby on the head like Blanc and Barthez

I may. May have been slightly inebriated that day.

Complete amateur hour fuck up getting my ‘special Fanta’ wrong on the dry train 🥴🥴

Dont remember a second of the game from live, thank fuck

7 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I may. May have been slightly inebriated that day.

Complete amateur hour fuck up getting my ‘special Fanta’ wrong on the dry train 🥴🥴

Dont remember a second of the game from live, thank fuck

I used to run pubs & clubs for a living back in the early 90's and saw some sights, but when I saw you at lunchtime that day, you went straight to number 1 on my "most pissed people I've ever met" list.