Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H) OFF

Leyther_Matt

Well if the club haven’t commented yet it seems likely the game will be on. We’ve a small squad and assuming no new players succumb and if the players who had to shield are now free again it will go ahead. Maybe in this case no news is good news?

Edited by Whitesince63

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Well if the club haven’t commented yet it seems likely the game will be on. We’ve a small squad and assuming no new players succumb and if the players who had to shield are now free again it will go ahead. Maybe in this case no news is good news?

They slipped this in to the Wycombe ticket announcement:

”Meanwhile, we are currently working through the relevant testing procedures and EFL protocols to see whether the scheduled Boxing Day fixture against Morecambe at the University of Bolton Stadium can go ahead.

Supporters will be informed either way at the earliest possible opportunity.”

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They slipped this in to the Wycombe ticket announcement:

”Meanwhile, we are currently working through the relevant testing procedures and EFL protocols to see whether the scheduled Boxing Day fixture against Morecambe at the University of Bolton Stadium can go ahead.

Customers will be informed either way at the earliest possible opportunity.”

Reckon many fans won't go even if it's on. I won't be going just don't think it's sensible in current situation. My dad's been ill and can't risk his health. Be a very low crowd for Boxing Day. I think folk are self regulating now we can't rely on this Govt for advice anymore.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So are you saying that players would rather not play than get jabbed.

Probably  

You'd have to ask them

But they're no different than to anyone else who doesn't want it 

It's a whole nother can of worms yet to be opened 

But right now I'm saying clubs would rather play unvaccinated players than risk fixture build ups or point deductions for not fulfilling fixtures which can go ahead if they have a squad of COVID free players

42 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Reckon many fans won't go even if it's on. I won't be going just don't think it's sensible in current situation. My dad's been ill and can't risk his health. Be a very low crowd for Boxing Day. I think folk are self regulating now we can't rely on this Govt for advice anymore.

Not so sure. 
young uns don’t  seem bothered and if double jabbed and boosted - why not ?

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Isn't the very fact you're taking precautions illustrating that you're heeding advice and utilising knowledge you've gleaned from previous months?

Not sure what folk want anymore; we can still go but have to abide by certain rules. The choice of whether to do so remains with us.

Better than playing in empty stadiums.

According to Sky last night, 68% of PL players were double jabbed two months ago.
That figure has only risen to 77%, which I find both astonishing and poor.

Then they said that 16% have had no jabs at all. 1 in 6 are totally unvaxxed FFS

2 hours ago, Traf said:

According to Sky last night, 68% of PL players were double jabbed two months ago.

Then they said that 16% have had no jabs at all. 1 in 6 are totally unvaxxed FFS

I'd say that's fairly reflective of the governments vaccine data for them sort of age ranges. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

Aye. At least Morecambe's players are all done.