Morecambe (H) OFF

Leyther_Matt

• The title was changed to Morecambe (H) OFF
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Just in general

if you don’t feel safe stay in 

Yes.

Was undecided to be honest, would probably have gone at we got nearer, but the option to go is the main thing.

Obviously, if the club can't put a team out, then there's nowt we can do, but at the moment we having a choice of social activities is welcome. 

Have to say I’m disappointed as I suspect the decision to call it off was made when Hart amended his refund policy.

I’d of had more respect if we tried to play on Boxing Day as I think that’s what the community would of wanted. 

I suspect the club will moan at the backlog of fixtures when they come round later also.

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Have to say I’m disappointed as I suspect the decision to call it off was made when Hart amended his refund policy.

I’d of had more respect if we tried to play on Boxing Day as I think that’s what the community would of wanted. 

I suspect the club will moan at the backlog of fixtures when they come round later also.

Yeah, but they'll not be played until March/April now and the weather won't be bad like it was at Accy 😉

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Burton will be off, if it's Bolton calling the games off.
I'm not entirely convinced it's all COVID-driven, but it's a convenient excuse to concentrate on getting injured players fit whilst we're in poor form.

FGR Tranmere and Donny etc. will be wanting us shut down and points deducted. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Traf said:

Burton will be off, if it's Bolton calling the games off.
I'm not entirely convinced it's all COVID-driven, but it's a convenient excuse to concentrate on getting injured players fit whilst we're in poor form.

Could back fire if the currently COVID free squad get COVID again when the rescheduled games come round 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Zico said:

Could back fire if the currently COVID free squad get COVID again when the rescheduled games come round 

Not at all. They just postpone again.

FWIW older wiser lads used to tot up yellows to avoid playing over Christmas. Now c19 gives the choice to all, plus management.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s been said on here earlier, but these games being cancelled all seems a bit convenient - we’re in cack form, we’ve got an injury list like the Somme and we’re desperate for the Jan window.

Reboot in the New Year.

That could back fire though if all the players then go and actually get COVID and can't play the next lot of games 

Do the EFL just! take the club's word on this? 

"Yeah you know how we couldn't play two games last week because we all had COVID?  You're not going to believe this but we stopped isolating and caught it again so can we give Burton and Rotherham a miss?"