Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H) OFF

Leyther_Matt

• Members
6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Are there any 'return to training' protocols, Rudy? Got to train for x number of days before being allowed to play?

Unless anything has changed it’s 7 days of isolations LFT on the 7th if negative crack on if positive have to isolate until your tenth day , the tricky thing who got it and on what day, they should all be different.

Some players take longer to recover as well especially after the delta strain, no this new strain is new ground 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Unless anything has changed it’s 7 days of isolations LFT on the 7th if negative crack on if positive have to isolate until your tenth day , the tricky thing who got it and on what day, they should all be different.

Some players take longer to recover as well especially after the delta strain, no this new strain is new ground 

So you can literally jump back in to training 27th/28th and be expected to play on the 29th? Just wondered if there was anything in place similar to RL where players had to have trained a minimum of 7 days before being allowed to play in a game, though obviously the physical risks are greater in that sport. 

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Says back at training 27th so fingers crossed 

Lostock shut in the meantime

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

So you can literally jump back in to training 27th/28th and be expected to play on the 29th? Just wondered if there was anything in place similar to RL where players had to have trained a minimum of 7 days before being allowed to play in a game, though obviously the physical risks are greater in that sport. 

Lostock shut in the meantime

Back open on 27th

big ask to prepare in 48 hours 

Edited by radcliffe white

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

14 players and 4 staff. 

A mass Christmas reacharound been going on?

I wonder how many of the 14 would actually have been playing on Boxing Day. If the answer is quite a few, then Burton isn't happening.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

How can they assume that without knowing our situation 

According to the BN article, Covid in both squads have caused their Boxing Day clash with Sheffield Wednesday so I don’t know how they second guess theirs and our health 3 days later.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

According to the BN article, Covid in both squads have caused their Boxing Day clash with Sheffield Wednesday so I don’t know how they second guess theirs and our health 3 days later.

I suppose they have to plan for it to be on until confirmed otherwise.

Not looking good though.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

How come there are so many problems with players catching Covid this year after vaccinations and everything else, when it didn’t happen this much last year when the pandemic was at its height? Games were still played but behind closed doors and not many were called off then.

You've sort of answered your own question. More restrictions then.

Reading Evatt's slightly evasive comments it seems quite a few of ours were unvacvibated and, whilst some were persuaded to their first was quite recently so can't yet have had a second.

I understand we all have to say "personal right to chose" and all thaf but it's a poor show to be honest, in my far from humble opinion.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Reading Evatt's slightly evasive comments it seems quite a few of ours were unvacvibated and, whilst some were persuaded to their first was quite recently so can't yet have had a second.

I understand we all have to say "personal right to chose" and all thaf but it's a poor show to be honest, in my far from humble opinion.

Agreed.

Some Newcastle players that were poorly previously struggled with post infection problems including fatigue. Potential knock on effects for the team overall.

You'd imagine that as professionals, they'd do what is required to help themselves in their career. They have top medical, fitness and dietary advice and support, so why ignore the blindingly obvious.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You've sort of answered your own question. More restrictions then.

Really not sure things have changed that much on restrictions to make such a difference. We’ve only in the last week or so seen players going down with infection and restrictions surely haven’t changed enough to cause all this?

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Really not sure things have changed that much on restrictions to make such a difference. We’ve only in the last week or so seen players going down with infection and restrictions surely haven’t changed enough to cause all this?

Cases in general are on the rise and it's spreading fast, this new variant

I know far more people who've had it recently compared to last year