Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hartlepool a

radcliffe white

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Will leave it until much nearer the time, though then again if I'm going to need a refund for Burton, I might as well need one for Hartlepool as well.

You won't get a refund for Burton, until they set a new date.
Could be a long wait.

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Forgive me for not factoring in Neil's Law.

You're forgiven.

Can you imagine me telling someone that they can't go to France for Christmas as planned and that they'll not get their refund until they're actually able to travel again?

36 minutes ago, Traf said:

Can you imagine me telling someone that they can't go to France for Christmas as planned and that they'll not get their refund until they're actually able to travel again?

I've heard that's exactly what you do, and then you go and spend all their holiday money on Christmas Day pizzas and brass.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

You won't get a refund for Burton, until they set a new date.
Could be a long wait.

Are the tickets not an agreement with Burton as they issue them?

That link with their Sheffield Wednesday match postponement says they will reimburse fans, so would it apply to us too?

Or will Neil have it covered.

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I've heard that's exactly what you do, and then you go and spend all their holiday money on Christmas Day pizzas and brass.

I will take your Edinburgh derby tickets off your hands if the rescheduled game is to take place with a full crowd. Just to be a help to a fellow wanderer 😎

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I will take your Edinburgh derby tickets off your hands if the rescheduled game is to take place with a full crowd. Just to be a help to a fellow wanderer 😎

Only got one (West Upper), but it’s yours if you want it as in theory we’ll be playing Cambridge at home that night. Original plan of 6.30am train (first can 6.31am) didn’t appeal to other half for some reason. 1st February for full crowds in Scotland seems a bit optimistic right now, mind. 

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Only got one (West Upper), but it’s yours if you want it as in theory we’ll be playing Cambridge at home that night. Original plan of 6.30am train (first can 6.31am) didn’t appeal to other half for some reason. 1st February for full crowds in Scotland seems a bit optimistic right now, mind. 

Aye if it’s back to full crowds I will take it pal. Not been to one for a while

but agree unlikely to be full crowds by that juncture 

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Aye if it’s back to full crowds I will take it pal. Not been to one for a while

but agree unlikely to be full crowds by that juncture 

Been able to change my trains free of charge (albeit I have to leave Bolton at 06:42 ☠️) and hotel is only £28 flexible rate so, after sleeping on it, I'll still be going as it stands

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Been able to change my trains free of charge (albeit I have to leave Bolton at 06:42 ☠️) and hotel is only £28 flexible rate so, after sleeping on it, I'll still be going as it stands

Glad to hear it. I’m not desperate to go by any stretch of the imagination

hopefully crowds back in by then 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can’t see more than couple of hundred going to this, madly enough I’m tempted, except I’ve ruled they papa John is out of bounds while prem kids teams are involved. 

There are only two such teams left in, I think. Arsenal & Chelsea and they play each other.