Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hartlepool a

radcliffe white

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Don't think it's fair to blame Dixon really. If you use the keeper like an outfield player - that's a tactical decision, and it's bound to blow up in your face at some point, especially at this level. From 45 on we were just fucking dire.

Your just not right. Dixon is dog shit and gifted them the game. 

After conceding 5 against non league, this result is no surprise and relegation can happen, but the game was heading to pens, we were under no pressure and the goalkeeper throws the game away for absolutely no reason, did he think the player he passed to had a yellow shirt on, inexcuseable.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Don't think it's fair to blame Dixon really. If you use the keeper like an outfield player - that's a tactical decision, and it's bound to blow up in your face at some point, especially at this level. From 45 on we were just fucking dire.

I disagree - that's absolutely shite at whatever level. Even when I was a kid playing on the park I'd have been embarrassed with that. 

We have things in healthcare called 'never events'. That - was a footballing never event.

2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

IE as a lot of explaining to do because this is not acceptable what as happened to Dapo 

Dapo seems to have lost that attacking drive that seemed to terrorise defences , could be a confidence thing ,  but who knows . He did one of his old runs that ended with a shot straight after they scored , but other than that pretty annonymous in the second half.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I disagree - that's absolutely shite at whatever level. Even when I was a kid playing on the park I'd have been embarrassed with that. 

Spot on, it wasn't like he tried to clear and totally shanked it, it was a side foot pass to their player, like he thought it was our cb's, what exactly could have happened in his head, was he thinking of being a hero in a pen shootout or something, it's completely baffling, he wasn't even being chased down, just casually gave them the win.

Edited by Didledee

Said it a million times before, we dont have the personnel to be fucking about with it at the back like we do. And the fucking about we do at corners and set pieces.

Like asking a first fix joiner to carve a rocking horse out of a twig.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Very disappointing a very strong side against a L2 side resting players for their cup game on Saturday!

Not going to slate Dixon I genuinely think the fucking about IE has us doing at the back didn’t help

john was poor and dapo is turning into a whinge bag

good performance by Charles

You're right about the IE style and playing out from the keeper. That said, the level of incompetence exhibited on this occasion is shocking.

We do seem to have some big issues all over though. 

Whether covid/fitness levels are still way too low we don't know, but by all accounts the drop off from 1st half to 2nd seems remarkable. 

Something clearly isn’t right at the club, years and years of a losing mentality and the question has to be asked has the manager lost the dressing room? I’m thinking we need a root & branch review, for a start give Evatt a target to achieve this season, top 8, secondly get a phycologist  Into the club, if Evatt doesn’t get near his target his position should be seriously under review. I’ve backed him to the hilt but enough is enough.