Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hartlepool a

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m my lifetime 3 managers sorted this issue, Greaves, Sam & Rioch, we need a manager made out of this mould once again.

I Hope Evatt steps up to the mark however I’ve now got few doubts creeping in, the aforementioned managers had previously served years apprenticeship and that’s what Evatt lacks, have we the time for him to serve his apprenticeship and reap the benefits, not sure, currently we are at the Phil Neal stage of management development with Evatt, could be the right man at the wrong time in his career. 

I keep thinking about our position today and that under Phil Neal, there are many similarities, both obviously had/have a good eye for players but the spark to light the firework was/is lacking; Rioch took Neal's squad, added a few of his old lags and lit the bonfire.

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

I quite rate him,  good with his feet, great at taking crosses , shot stopping he needs to find his voice one bad mistake doesn’t make a bad keeper 

Fuck me does Santos not know what angles are the amount of times he would go square on for a pass, puts the keeper under so much pressure 

Santos started many attacks last season with forages over the half way line this allowed angles to open up and a good number of overloads further up the pitch, he has completely stopped doing that this season, consequently we look a shadow of the team in the offensive half of the pitch. I am really surprised this doesn't seem to have been picked up by our performance team and rectified.

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

He started in non league and he is still learning on the job. FV clearly know this is a project and they want him at the head of it. I’d imagine they expect him to make mistakes and learn from them and that’s already been done and will continue to do so. 

If when IE took over he said he’ll get us promoted and then we will have a mid table finish in league one we would have snapped his hand off. 

We can all be critical of what happens on the pitch but as fans sometimes we need a bit of perspective and patience.

I am still in the give him time mode however after a blip I would like to see some improvement and progression and a big end to this season is what we need.

39 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am still in the give him time mode however after a blip I would like to see some improvement and progression and a big end to this season is what we need.

Agreed, he definitely deserves time, as I said earlier I don't know how much good guy/bad guy stuff and mentoring from above happens anymore. I would imagine the Chairman would once upon a time deliver a morning after bollocking and an hour or so later Nat would walk into the manager's office for a cup of tea and a football chat.

• Members
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yeah I get that I don’t want to become a club who’s sacking and changing a new manager every season, it’s taken a good number of years to steady the ship, the foundations are in place and we’re in the right hands and going in the right direction

The defence are totally shot for confidence, keeper last night, Santos at Fleetwood, Whoever else plays centre half, the new kid from Diversity looked very good first half but went out of the game. Declan John has been our worst player for a few weeks now. 
We do not have a midfield who want the ball. Williams was awful last night a contender for worst of a bad bunch, Delf not as bad as some think but never the solution. Lego head tries but needs more around him.

Dapo mixes trying too much to looking like he has given up, Tequilla just does not do enough. Doyle on way out, new lad will surprise how small he is. 

We are in a hole but players returning such as Lee and the promised signings mean we are not desperate yet, but anyone looking up rather than down is IMO deluded. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Santos started many attacks last season with forages over the half way line this allowed angles to open up and a good number of overloads further up the pitch, he has completely stopped doing that this season, consequently we look a shadow of the team in the offensive half of the pitch. I am really surprised this doesn't seem to have been picked up by our performance team and rectified.

What the fcuk is with the overloads and offensives you are going on about - have you converted to Yank??

• Site Supporter

Dapo has taken to whining over every bit of contact made on him & it needs cutting out but when you're boss is getting booked every week he can hardly say a lot. 

I hope the new signings do the trick. Charles looks like he has decent feet & movement but on last nights show Fossey looks like another wing back who can't defend.... that said he was still better than Declan John. 

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m my lifetime 3 managers sorted this issue, Greaves, Sam & Rioch, we need a manager made out of this mould once again.

I Hope Evatt steps up to the mark however I’ve now got few doubts creeping in, the aforementioned managers had previously served years apprenticeship and that’s what Evatt lacks, have we the time for him to serve his apprenticeship and reap the benefits, not sure, currently we are at the Phil Neal stage of management development with Evatt, could be the right man at the wrong time in his career. 

The club needs an upgrade on Evatt but the likes of Greaves, Rioch and Allardyce wouldn't have taken this poor a squad on.I know Rioch dropped down to the 3rd Division but he inherited the best striker in the division  and had a Premier League standard youth centre half  coming through.There is no such talent in the current squad and doesn't appear to be the cash to buy it.

9 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The club needs an upgrade on Evatt but the likes of Greaves, Rioch and Allardyce wouldn't have taken this poor a squad on.I know Rioch dropped down to the 3rd Division but he inherited the best striker in the division  and had a Premier League standard youth centre half  coming through.There is no such talent in the current squad and doesn't appear to be the cash to buy it.

Evatt said he’s 3 more on his radar in January & cash signings. 

19 hours ago, DazBob said:

Would there be any rules against employing Gilks as a ball boy?  He could stand behind the net and do the shouting and organising we're badly missing. :)

is Gilks not the Goal keeping Coach Anyway 

he should be saying that to the lad anyway 

its a Ace idear 

the thing is would you want to be Shouting at a Big Black lad  who is also the Captain 

• Members
50 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

One that can organise a £3 million wage bill to beat Hartlepool reserves

Your lot never been beaten by a lower opposition when you’ve had a significantly higher wage budget?

Because it happened the other night you absolute fringe 

Edited by Rudy

13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Your lot never been beaten by a lower opposition when you’ve had a significantly higher wage budget?

Because it happened the other night you absolute fringe 

Evo is 17th in the 3rd Division and has lost 4 matches in a row to Fleetwood. Accrington, Rotherham and Hartlepool

Some think that is good enough for Bolton, others don't

• Members
1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Evo is 17th in the 3rd Division and has lost 4 matches in a row to Fleetwood. Accrington, Rotherham and Hartlepool

Some think that is good enough for Bolton, others don't

Who has said it’s good enough?

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

We ain't getting rid of him.

Its probably the same mentalists who called for his head last season.

It didn't work then either.

I could end looking like a prize tit if he was to be sacked, but anyone who has listened to anything Sharon has said about building a sustainable football club Ian Evatt is part of that. He is being backed with funds to strengthen which the financial controls we must have in place shows they believe in him.

So I would be amazed if he went anywhere. I am not 100% convinced by him but the choice is support or bitch about the fact he ain't Sam or Bruce.  I do not mean go all happy clappy but we have always had a weird group of supporters who seem being proved right when they have said 'we are shit' than they are when they proved wrong and we win.

By next time we play we will have Diversty, Charles, Lee, Williams and Darcy all available who were not at Rotherham add in a couple of signings and players getting stronger after Covid we can expect the needed improvement to come.

If we got relegated Evatt might be under threat but no one wants that do they ?