Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hartlepool a

radcliffe white

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Managed to see us not score a goal at Wigan, Cambridge, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Accrington and Hartlepool so far this season 🙃

And yet Charlton away was a masterclass in counter attacking football and Lincoln away was the most polished BWFC performance I’ve seen in years.

No issue at all with us being mid-table, but sooner or later we’re going to have to start winning games against those around or below us, particularly away from home, or we’re going to start getting nervous. I still think there are enough shit teams in this league for us to stay up, but that wasn’t the sort of narrative I was expecting in early October. 

If you take the Lincoln game as a high point I think only 5 of that team started at Rotherham and Hartlepool. ( think) 

We started the season with Sarce, Lee , Williams, Sheehan Tutte and Lego head as midfield players,  5 of the 6 have missed chunks of the season, there are excuses for the drop off but even so it has been worse than we should have expected. 

I think people have a right to be frustrated how people express that frustration is just as frustrating as the teams performance. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Our squad was decimated by injuries and a Covid outbreak. Our loss of form is nowhere near as alarming as some seem determined to believe.

Getting battered at Stockport was pretty alarming & a positive reaction would have been helpful but it never came & the whole thing has drifted badly since. Hopefully the transfer window will help get us going back in the right direction. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

You don't build owt by going through the management roundabout every 18 months!

I hate current society/impatient social media kids! They think they're experts whilst barely having a pube & never even had a sticky finger!

What is wrong with the here & now immediate success culture? & don't get me started on the pathetic online troll ironic mentality that the kids think they can put on the terraces. It's about time the older generation pointed out to these pricks that 'Wanky Wanderers ' isn't a song ,it's a retort. As amusing as 'passing sidewards & backwards everywhere we go' is, it certainly isn't backing the team. As for 'Dion Charles tweets what he wants' isn't actually that amusing when he could be banned for us for many games, for something he did many teams ago.

I'm sick of it & I won't be putting up for it anymore. I'm going to stand in the middle of those k&f's cocks from now on & clipping ears 👂  til they understand. It's not support, it's fookin pathetic. Feel free to join me until we eradicate it.

Agreed. Many of us cut our teeth on third and second division football. We know we were punching above our weight when we spent 11 seasons in the Premier League and two seasons in Europe.

These trolls cut their teeth on Premier League football and now feel we’re massively under-performing. 

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Agree with this, however you cant blame folk for getting their knickers in a twist for some of atrocities weve seen on the road in recent weeks.

In the grand scheme of things you are correct. We will limp to mid table with some new additions to the sqaud and we go again in the summer after the expected season of consolidation.

It was always going to be this way. Obviously this doesnt make it any easier for those stood at Hartlepool, Fleetwood or Stockport.

It’s all very well the 100 posts a day mob having their say about our away form when they don’t go.

They ain’t got bloody time to go mind, as they’re posting non-stop on here!!!!!

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

It’s all very well the 100 posts a day mob having their say about our away form when they don’t go.

They ain’t got bloody time to go mind, as they’re posting non-stop on here!!!!!

I'm not defending the negative keyboard warriors and I'm in awe of those who travel everywhere in terms of dedication, plus time and money spent, but because someone doesn't go to away games they still are entitled to an opinion & to show their concern or displeasure. Obviously from a less "I was there" basis.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm not defending the negative keyboard warriors and I'm in awe of those who travel everywhere in terms of dedication, plus time and money spent, but because someone doesn't go to away games they still are entitled to an opinion & to show their concern or displeasure. Obviously from a less "I was there" basis.

nor does it give someone who does go the right to scream abuse at our own players

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Like IE said recently he doesn’t mind criticism and fans getting frustrated so long as it doesn’t cross the line it’s natural it’s passion 

That’s all well and good but my line and the lines of any sane supporters is in a much different place than the lines of the dickheads.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I think everyone can show their displeasure, it is the ones who seem to want to be the first ones to moan and then seem happy when we lose cos it 'proves' their point. 
Remember we have people moaning last season when we took 30 points or so from 12 games 

5 hours ago, Ani said:

Remember we have people moaning last season when we took 30 points or so from 12 games 

We went on an mazing run last season, but it all kicked off outside the ground when we didn't beat Exeter FFS.

We've a lot of wankers "supporting" us and they also go home and away, so numbers of games seen isn't a good yardstick.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

We went on an mazing run last season, but it all kicked off outside the ground when we didn't beat Exeter FFS.

We've a lot of wankers "supporting" us and they also go home and away, so numbers of games seen isn't a good yardstick.

radcliffe, mr grey and the colonel

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

They’ve beaten Championship Blackpool <spit> today. Doesn’t make me feel any better about Tuesday though.

It’s a great cup effort from Hartlepool this week to take 2 Lancashire scalps in divisions above.

But yes I’m still not over Tuesday yet.