Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hartlepool a

radcliffe white

• Members
3 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

We don't actually create anything though do we? We're like arsenal last year. But massively shitter obviously. 

Course we do , our decision making in the final third just isn’t as crisp and clean as we have been in the previous games. Kachunga gets in two minds, so does Doyle, our midfielders don’t arrive late into the box like Lee does

3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

We still winning the league then Rudy? 😁

Course piece of piss

7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not in favour of Evatt being sacked, he can have this season and next for me. 

I'm surprised by the certainty people seem to have over him though. There are some pretty clear red flags. Our set pieces are fucking awful, inexcusably bad. Defensively, we've often been all at sea. We struggle to score enough goals, and his media comments sometimes come across as bizarre and at odds with the reality on the pitch.

I really think he could do with an experienced coach around him. More than anything else, there seems to be an air naivety about us.

Spot on but we need to see improvement for the rest of the season 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

There is summat wrong. At accy when we conceded one player on the team looked Remotely Arsed. That was Doyle. He’s on his way out. Seemingly been on the cards for a while.  

the decline in performance levels is incredible. Something is very wrong. What that is I don’t know. Could it be evatt? It could. But for folk to start calling for his head I’m way off that stage yet. 

This season is all about staying up; that has to happen and we go again next season. Let’s hope we stay safe but only 4 points clear is worrying.

Your right something is wrong and needs to be put right soon

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

There is summat wrong. At accy when we conceded one player on the team looked Remotely Arsed. That was Doyle. He’s on his way out. Seemingly been on the cards for a while.  

the decline in performance levels is incredible. Something is very wrong. What that is I don’t know. Could it be evatt? It could. But for folk to start calling for his head I’m way off that stage yet. 

This season is all about staying up; that has to happen and we go again next season. Let’s hope we stay safe but only 4 points clear is worrying.

Your right something is wrong and needs to be put right soon

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not in favour of Evatt being sacked, he can have this season and next for me. 

I'm surprised by the certainty people seem to have over him though. There are some pretty clear red flags. Our set pieces are fucking awful, inexcusably bad. Defensively, we've often been all at sea. We struggle to score enough goals, and his media comments sometimes come across as bizarre and at odds with the reality on the pitch.

I really think he could do with an experienced coach around him. More than anything else, there seems to be an air naivety about us.

I agree with this, it's not such a black and white situation with us.

For me it can be both true to say there's some huge glaring issues to address, including all of the above, the backroom staff and some of their decisions (for example it can't be underestimated what impact the whole membership scheme situation/debacle has had on the attitudes and morale of some lifelong, die hard supporters) while at the same time it can be true to say you don't want the manager sacked and the whole process to start again.

Got to keep the hope that we're building something from nothing, brick by brick transfer window by transfer window.

Thought we played some decent stuff first half and the two new boys looked good. Second half we were poor and obviously the fuck up by Dixon was beyond poor.

I don't like us getting into their half and then passing back and back again until it's with the keeper. Constantly doing it is just ridiculous. And shit.

We need to play with more urgency.. especially when we're losing.

I thought the 2 new lads looked ok and should turn out to be decent.

but apart from that.......

why don’t we shoot ( and when we do it’s crap)

our set pieces and final ball are diabolical

we only ever look sideways and backwards 

dapo is so easy to mark as all he ever does is try and go inside (no left foot)

defence has no confidence in the goalie (bring back Gilkes)

goals win games not possession (and passing it around in your own half)

1 goal in the last 7 away games

that was a real chance, like winning the Sherpa van in 1989, to re-energise the club and give the whole town something to cling on to.

total calamity tonight and Wigan away will be moved as they head towards the final (at least we can’t lose to them in the next round !)

Just got back, it was cold but not that bad. Bumped into Brixton. Left my gloves (suede) in the car. Someone bloke booed the knee was told 'shut up you racist' so they had a row. 

First half was ok . The kid from Diversity did well and the Twitter king a couple of glimpses.

Second we just gradually got worse, no one will shoot, so teams do not have to close us down. Lack of confidence maybe ? Any type of dead ball is wasted, we did manage to work one well, from 30 yards out we got it back to the keeper.

On the goal think Dixon could have done better 😂😂 but fucking about like we do we will give goals away, certainly more than we create. When Evatt needs to re assess his approach is that if after 85 minutes it is not working you need something else, as it is the crowd get fucked off and on the players back so any pinch of confidence goes and it becomes a shambles.

As much as we were never scoring neither were they unless someone drops a bollock. 

Beat Sat Nav by 19 minutes on way back which was good, a ticket would top the night off well. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Just got back, it was cold but not that bad. Bumped into Brixton. Left my gloves (suede) in the car. Someone bloke booed the knee was told 'shut up you racist' so they had a row. 

First half was ok . The kid from Diversity did well and the Twitter king a couple of glimpses.

Second we just gradually got worse, no one will shoot, so teams do not have to close us down. Lack of confidence maybe ? Any type of dead ball is wasted, we did manage to work one well, from 30 yards out we got it back to the keeper.

On the goal think Dixon could have done better 😂😂 but fucking about like we do we will give goals away, certainly more than we create. When Evatt needs to re assess his approach is that if after 85 minutes it is not working you need something else, as it is the crowd get fucked off and on the players back so any pinch of confidence goes and it becomes a shambles.

As much as we were never scoring neither were they unless someone drops a bollock. 

Beat Sat Nav by 19 minutes on way back which was good, a ticket would top the night off well. 

I want to hear more about this row

7 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I want to hear more about this row

One booed, one called him a rascist, the booer said he was nt, they called each other bellends, some bloke told them both to leave it, it was purely verbal. 

I have given them both a link to the politics thread so they can read up. (Made last bit up btw) 

I used to say this when pep was at barca in the infancy of tiki taka and I think mourinho went to real a few years in. 

Barcelona would win everything by passing the fuck out of everyone and boring the neutral to tears until their fitness ran out and barca would pounce. 

They had the best players in the world. 

Every so often though a getafe or levante would get a goal in the 70th minute after holding on at 0-0. It'd invariably lead to a 2-1 barca win or a draw or very rarely a barca loss. 

We're trying that system with freebies from non league, players from league 2 and reserves from leagues above us. 

We look OK when in possession but scared as shit when we lose it. 

We need a plan B because right now we look like barca when mourinho rocked up with his counter attacking football and smashed em all over the place 5-1. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I used to say this when pep was at barca in the infancy of tiki taka and I think mourinho went to real a few years in. 

Barcelona would win everything by passing the fuck out of everyone and boring the neutral to tears until their fitness ran out and barca would pounce. 

Every so often though a getafe or levante would get a goal in the 70th minute after holding on at 0-0. It'd invariably lead to a 2-1 barca win or a draw or very rarely a barca loss. 

We're trying that system with freebies from non league, players from league 2 and reserves from leagues above us. 

We look OK when in possession but scared as shit when we lose it. 

We need a plan B because right now we look like barca when mourinho rocked up with his counter attacking football and smashed em all over the place 5-1. 

That’s because when you have the ball the intensity has to be at a level that tires them out, when you lose the ball the intensity has to be ramped up that they tire themselves out but when you don’t train or play for three weeks you can’t do that. The full squad isn’t there and who is there isn’t fit. 

Be reet 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Don't think it's fair to blame Dixon really. If you use the keeper like an outfield player - that's a tactical decision, and it's bound to blow up in your face at some point, especially at this level. From 45 on we were just fucking dire.

Nah 

Im not one for picking goals apart to find someone to blame 

But he was under no pressure whatsoever  

Fine if players get themselves in a jam or in a tight corner fucking around as the opposition close in, that's when it's blowing up in your face 

But that was a shocker from Dixon