Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dion Charles


Rudy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Members
5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Unfortunately not. He'll no doubt now receive a ban.

If he does he and the club will take it on the chin and we crack on nothing more we can or should do 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trotters Blog are the ones who went digging for the tweet. Along with a few of the attention seeking people who purely do it for that. Cheers all the best - not naming names but you’ll know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If he does he and the club will take it on the chin and we crack on nothing more we can or should do 

Oh I agree. My post was in reply to a post claiming it'd been dealt with and we move on.

It hasn't yet, but obviously soon will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, waddy256 said:

I think Ive called everyone Ive ever known and everyone ive never known a fuckin nonce cunt at some point . I once made a racial slur as an 18 year old whilst getting me ears boxed from someone a lot tougher than me , does that count ? it was 30 years ago .

Does the Sword of Damocles have a statute of limitations ?  

I have just 'cancelled' you. The invitation to my upcoming houseparty is withdrawn and I shall never again buy you Love Hearts.

Let it be a lesson to you.

Never darken my instep again !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, Casino said:

The gormless twats have currently got a phone in type thing running on twitter

Mental

Not on Twitter and haven’t really followed this apart from the headlines but are they BWFC fans who have done this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Not on Twitter and haven’t really followed this apart from the headlines but are they BWFC fans who have done this? 

I think one of our supporters found a tweet from Charles mocking the Wigan accent from something like 2013 and quote tweeted it claiming "he'll do for me" or something like that. Wigan fans then started doing their own searches of his tweets and began quote tweeting / screenshotting the offensive ones.

Now the FA are investigating. 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think one of our supporters found a tweet from Charles mocking the Wigan accent from something like 2013 and quote tweeted it claiming "he'll do for me" or something like that. Wigan fans then started doing their own searches of his tweets and began quote tweeting / screenshotting the offensive ones.

Now the FA are investigating. 🙃

Jesus What happened to leathering opposition fans at train stations. 
 

Social media is utter utter gash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Jesus What happened to leathering opposition fans at train stations. 
 

Social media is utter utter gash

World's gone mad.

I don't care much at all really, but our yoof could really do with being a bit more savvy. They've had their pants pulled down by the Wigan lot yet again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

World's gone mad.

I don't care much at all really, but our yoof could really do with being a bit more savvy. They've had their pants pulled down by the Wigan lot yet again.

Rock up and start laying them out. Get off Facebook or whatever start making some firms 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Has no fucker in Accrington got internet? That shit has been sitting there for years, people have been banned and the player himself is too gormless to clean up after himself.

I’m not a fan of Shortland, Trotters Blog and assorted other attention seekers, but you can’t stick this on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Has no fucker in Accrington got internet? That shit has been sitting there for years, people have been banned and the player himself is too gormless to clean up after himself.

I’m not a fan of Shortland, Trotters Blog and assorted other attention seekers, but you can’t stick this on them.

Charles is to blame ofc

I was just commenting on how yet another attempt at "banter" from our own supporters on social media has spectacularly backfired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Be interesting to see it FA are also looking into the other players who’s historic tweets that have been unearthed as part of the twittermongs as well. Can’t go after dion and not the others can they?

whole things a fucking farce. 8 years ago. Do we all need to live in fear of what we said as teenagers? I’d be fucked if they looked back 12 months 

Four firefighters getting sacked for racism recently indicates that yes, we do need to live in fear if we posted the wrong thing. It’s absolute bollocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Nah

it’s ok to:

Support the knee & not like what he posted 

Yet not want him strung up

When I was a teenager I sung Munich songs and wore Bolton badges with red hands on. Now I think it’s a dick move

Stop the petty point scoring you nobs

This seems right to me. Views I held as a teenager, songs I sang, etc, are abhorrent to me now.

 

He's issued an apology and this should be acknowledged and respected. As long as there is no repeat of the behaviour we should move on.

Edited by perth_white
Looked up red hand, deleted the question.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bang on.After all the knee taking it's surprising that so many Bolton fans don't have a problem with a footballer mocking pakis  and gays on his twitter.

I find the language used on this post disgusting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ain’t interested at all in what some kid posted years ago.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.


Anyway I thought he looked OK in patches last night, especially in his first competitive game for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I ain’t interested at all in what some kid posted years ago.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.


Anyway I thought he looked OK in patches last night, especially in his first competitive game for a while.

I thought he looked lively. More mobile than Doyle, held it up well and tried to link in others.

There was a great turn on the edge of their box 

Bodes well for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.