Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd be ashamed of my club if they did something so petty.

If their crowds are no where near the limit of 10000, then it makes sense from a financial perspective. I doubt there is any government support on the way, and if they're not exactly rolling in the stuff, then I can see why they've done it.

Perhaps they could encourage use of the covid app again, and there's nowt to stop folk testing themselves before going, but I doubt that will happen in great numbers.

6 minutes ago, Horwich said:

If crowds are under 10,000 then it saves alot of bother. 

I wonder how many ST holder we actually attracted?

Our crowds are on the borderline.

No idea how they got around it (particularly as the Scottish Government has been stricter on this stuff), but Aberdeen have got away with not having to do the passes even though they've sold 10,000+ because of factoring in season ticket holders who haven't been turning up.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No idea how they got around it (particularly as the Scottish Government has been stricter on this stuff), but Aberdeen have got away with not having to do the passes even though they've sold 10,000+ because of factoring in season ticket holders who haven't been turning up.

So giving actual footfall figures rather than tickets sold figures.

• Moderators

We would be under 10,000 for many recent games, but I suppose you cant risk it.

Turn up very early or expect queues*

Stick your mask on when entering

Get ready to show ticket and pass

*Dont moan when you see them.

Personally, If I was in ESL, I would move my ticket to somewhere else while you have to show covid proof.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Horwich said:

We would be under 10,000 for many recent games, but I suppose you cant risk it.

Turn up very early or expect queues*

Stick your mask on when entering

Get ready to show ticket and pass

*Dont moan when you see them.

Personally, If I was in ESL, I would move my ticket to somewhere else while you have to show covid proof.

And just coming up to the traditional’must attend’ game on Boxing Day.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Technically, you are in the ground if you are having your match ticket checked. 
Hopefully it runs smoothy 🙄

I’d have thought “in the ground” happens after you go through the turnstile rather than through the outside gate. I get you’d be inside the wall footprint but that’s it until someone pushes a button to release the barrier.

I’m guessing similar to the England games where it’s cordoned off you show your pass through to the turnstile, probably have metal fencing around each one with an orange warrior checking

just seen you need to show proof on entry to the hotel & hospitality areas 

Edited by radcliffe white

• Moderators
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m guessing similar to the England games where it’s cordoned off you show your pass through to the turnstile, probably have metal fencing around each one with an orange warrior checking

just seen you need to show proof on entry to the hotel & hospitality areas 

I was told mask while not seated in the hotel

That's from a member of staff

Dr Nikki Kanani, GP , Medical Director of Primary Care for NHS England said in today's " statement to the nation with that joke of a prime minister " ...

" Go to the stadium to get a jab not to watch a match " . She said that with Boris stood next to her .

just saying ... Make your own decision, do you trust Johnson and his cronies or NHS doctors and esteemed scientists doing R&D . 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Dr Nikki Kanani, GP , Medical Director of Primary Care for NHS England said in today's " statement to the nation with that joke of a prime minister " ...

" Go to the stadium to get a jab not to watch a match " . She said that with Boris stood next to her .

just saying ... Make your own decision, do you trust Johnson and his cronies or NHS doctors and esteemed scientists doing R&D . 

Here we go.

They both said its up to people to prioritise their social activity. 

They're both aware of mental health issues amongst folk.

For some going to the match will be for more important than a Christmas dinner. Especially if its on their own, away from family etc.

I've already decided to prioritise Christmas Dinner with family, but that's my choice.

Others can do differently, that's their choice.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Here we go.

They both said its up to people to prioritise their social activity. 

They're both aware of mental health issues amongst folk.

For some going to the match will be for more important than a Christmas dinner. Especially if its on their own, away from family etc.

I've already decided to prioritise Christmas Dinner with family, but that's my choice.

Others can do differently, that's their choice.

I'd rather watch golf on teletext that have Christmas Dinner with family.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd rather watch golf on teletext that have Christmas Dinner with family.

😁

I'd love to have one just with the wife and son. Never seems to work like that, and this time it maybe particularly important he spends some time with his grandad.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19785792.covid-bolton-wanderers-fans-must-attend-unibol/

...and in the comments section...

Here's what you SHOULD do:
Whether vaccinated once, twice or three times, or whether vaccine free, you should boycott this fixture. This country is at the stage many of were anticipating as long ago as Spring, 2020. Bolton Wanderers are a leading light among the lower leagues in introducing medical apartheid, having already put some protocols in place by way of Neil Hart's membership scheme.
Even if one accepts the Omicron story, the facts are that the passports are nothing to do with health and everything to do with surveillance and tracking.
You may obtain a free LF test from a pharmacy and enter whatever result you please,without so much as taking the test if you so choose. You might also possess a Covid pass, yet still be infectious, since, as the powers that shouldn't be never tire of telling us, no amount of injections prevent you from spreading or becoming infected.
We are well along the road to totalitarianism already and, all those happy to reply in the affirmative when asked, "papers, please," remember this:
Sooner or later, the system will demand something that you are not prepared to submit to. Maybe it will be the latest medical intervention, with all its accompanying potential dangers. Maybe it will be something else. When all the voices prepared to speak out now are silenced, maybe, when it comes to drawing your own personal line in the sand, you might say: "That's disgraceful, I'm not doing that, why is no one standing up to this?"
The answer, of course, will be obvious.
Stand together. Say no to discrimination of any sort. We are being led down a dark and dangerous path. This may appear to some an insignificant matter but every long journey begins with the first, small step. Professional sport is as devoid of ethics as Government, do not be fooled for one second that this is anything remotely connected with health. Resist, defy, do not comply!!!!

... and further down the comments section someone has compared it to apartheid.  Fuck me.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19785792.covid-bolton-wanderers-fans-must-attend-unibol/

...and in the comments section...

Here's what you SHOULD do:
Whether vaccinated once, twice or three times, or whether vaccine free, you should boycott this fixture. This country is at the stage many of were anticipating as long ago as Spring, 2020. Bolton Wanderers are a leading light among the lower leagues in introducing medical apartheid, having already put some protocols in place by way of Neil Hart's membership scheme.
Even if one accepts the Omicron story, the facts are that the passports are nothing to do with health and everything to do with surveillance and tracking.
You may obtain a free LF test from a pharmacy and enter whatever result you please,without so much as taking the test if you so choose. You might also possess a Covid pass, yet still be infectious, since, as the powers that shouldn't be never tire of telling us, no amount of injections prevent you from spreading or becoming infected.
We are well along the road to totalitarianism already and, all those happy to reply in the affirmative when asked, "papers, please," remember this:
Sooner or later, the system will demand something that you are not prepared to submit to. Maybe it will be the latest medical intervention, with all its accompanying potential dangers. Maybe it will be something else. When all the voices prepared to speak out now are silenced, maybe, when it comes to drawing your own personal line in the sand, you might say: "That's disgraceful, I'm not doing that, why is no one standing up to this?"
The answer, of course, will be obvious.
Stand together. Say no to discrimination of any sort. We are being led down a dark and dangerous path. This may appear to some an insignificant matter but every long journey begins with the first, small step. Professional sport is as devoid of ethics as Government, do not be fooled for one second that this is anything remotely connected with health. Resist, defy, do not comply!!!!

... and further down the comments section someone has compared it to apartheid.  Fuck me.

Definitely gammons who boo the knee type 

Edited by radcliffe white