Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Rudy said:

The way we play Baka should not be playing out wide , it’s utterly pointless 

Absolutely. Square pegs and all that. When he came Evatt said he would offer us something different; yet he rarely ever gets a go in the middle, and he's ineffective wide. It's as if the manager is trying to placate him with a starting place.

Just now, radcliffe white said:

Like dapo santos has been found out to certain degree take away his size he offers very little for me

regarding dapo that’s not criticism he’s obviously a talented player when he’s allowed time & space but since the first few months he’s a very much marked man 

I thought hed gone off 2nd half, game completely passed him by

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Thought they were much better and barely went into second gear. 

Santos showed again that if he's against a big strong lad who is in his face then he just can't cope.

Some more criticism from Dixon on here about how he doesn't instill confidence in his defence but there's a flip to that, imagine being a keeper and going out to play behind any 4 of ours and think how confident you'd be in them.

My main issue is that IE seems to have a complete inability to make any tactical changes whether personnel or formation or tempo or whatever. It's clear that what we are doing isn't working and hasn't worked for a good while so you have to try to change. It's not an admittance that your long term vision isn't right, it's just the practicality of being a manager.

Agree.

Lack of pragmatism. 

Dapo and John doesn't seem to work down the left, but mainly Dapo is missing the outlet in the middle of the Park to play a one two or to move things forwards across the otherside to open things up. Thomasson sits too deep and isn't quick enough or positive enough with his passing. Sarce and Sheehan provided more of this and we created more because of this, but as things stand he is completely isolated and being asked to do an impossible task when teams double up on him and he gets no protection from refs. 

Gethin showed last night why we have really missed him on the right, very positive and quick to move things forwards, on the overlap he also looks to get the ball in the box a bit quicker.

Hopefully Morley will offer more support and creativity in the middle to help with the system

Edited by CambridgeBWFC

IE took Baka off and play the kid from diversity as a winger and it improved us, the fact no fucker was in the box was the issue.

The lad who curled in the worldie for their second had not scored for nearly 4 years (but like our forwards) but shows when things are not going for you shit happens, 99/100 that goes nowhere. 

No leaders in the squad.
No bottle
No fight
And a complete lack of organisation at the back.
Evatt was a centre half, Atherton was a centre half and Hird was a centre half and we can't fucking defend.
Santos is no captain and probably doesn't deserve to be in the team but for a lack of plausible replacements.
Aimson has his faults and his detractors, but he stands up to the physical stuff far better than Santos does.

And let's not even get started on set pieces.
Yes, running and kicking the ball at the same time can be hard for people whose job is it to do that for a living, but for the love of Allah, surely we can kick a stationary ball forwards to one of our own players?

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

No leaders in the squad.
No bottle
No fight
Evatt was a centre half, Atherton was a centre half and Hird was a centre half and we can't fucking defend.
Santos is no captain and probably doesn't deserve to be in the team but for a lack of plausible replacements.
Aimson has his faults and his detractors, but he stands up to the physical stuff far better than Santos does.

Its ok to say all this without being called a doomonger. Its all true.

We are the easiest team to play against in the league.

Oh and another thing about free kicks.

Everytime we get one more than 30 yards from goal, there's an almost indecent haste to take it quickly. That can, of course, be a good thing if you create an attack from it, but it's always sideways or backwards inviting pressure, letting the opposition push out, invariably ending us with us passing back to Dixon.

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

No leaders in the squad.
No bottle
No fight

spot on

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Some good you lot would have been in the trenches.

We’re up against it fellas. But we’re still a club in transition and there will be times like these.

Trust Evatt, he got us promoted with a bunch of strangers on the same budget as a Sunday league team.

Some of these players still barely know each other’s names and it shows on the pitch at times.

He’ll get them scrapping, and we won’t be relegated. Show some faith.

The Spider.

The trenches comment is pretty pathetic. Having been to Fleetwood, Accrington and Hartlepool and seeing us lose all three without scoring, then getting home just before midnight after yet another 0 goals scored defeat I think I have a right to challenge what is going on. 
There are mitigating circumstances that people have acknowledged but by my reckoning in last 13 leagues we have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 9 so 8 points we have conceded 22 and scored 10. In addition knocked out cups by Stockport and Hartlepool. That is more than cause for concern.

Not calling for Evatts head but we need the reinforcements and returning players to hit the ground running. Last year we did it but the idea it will be just as easy in this division is crazy. 

13 minutes ago, Ani said:

The trenches comment is pretty pathetic. Having been to Fleetwood, Accrington and Hartlepool and seeing us lose all three without scoring, then getting home just before midnight after yet another 0 goals scored defeat I think I have a right to challenge what is going on. 
There are mitigating circumstances that people have acknowledged but by my reckoning in last 13 leagues we have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 9 so 8 points we have conceded 22 and scored 10. In addition knocked out cups by Stockport and Hartlepool. That is more than cause for concern.

Not calling for Evatts head but we need the reinforcements and returning players to hit the ground running. Last year we did it but the idea it will be just as easy in this division is crazy. 

Totally agree with this.

Evatt changed the formation last season and it turned the season around with new players, he needs to do the same and I think he will.

Both goals came because players were isolated against their strikers and that should never happen. 

I'm not happy with John but he was on his own against a striker and a full back, how did that happen?

And MJ was left on his own against the same player, no centre back or full back any where near.

Thats suicidal defending

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, woolli said:

On what basis are you confident? There is nothing in that team that makes me confident we can stay up! Theres nothing on the bench to change it? The injured players are not up for it anyway! This team is in big trouble, i hope im wrong, but cant see anything to be optimistic for. And, Charles will become the new scapegoat, like Doyle, as he wont receive the service to get goals. Not his fault, its the system.

Once our sqaud has fully recovered from injuries/covid and we're fully fit again, I think we'll be reet.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

Both goals came because players were isolated against their strikers and that should never happen. 

No player was isolated for their first. In fact, any one of about five or six players could have put a foot in but didn’t.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Once our sqaud has fully recovered from injuries/covid and we're fully fit again, I think we'll be reet.

I love your devout enthusiasm, and i sincerely hope you are right, but, in all honesty, who is capable of changing things? Kachunga? Ameachi? Isgrove? Sheehan out all season. Lets hope new signings this Jan turn out to be as good as last Jans, otherwise i think we are in serious trouble.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

No player was isolated for their first. In fact, any one of about five or six players could have put a foot in but didn’t.

Hanlan ran 30 yards unopposed, Santos ran away , MJ backed off , those players came too late to put a tackle in and stop him shooting 

4 minutes ago, woolli said:

I love your devout enthusiasm, and i sincerely hope you are right, but, in all honesty, who is capable of changing things? Kachunga? Ameachi? Isgrove? Sheehan out all season. Lets hope new signings this Jan turn out to be as good as last Jans, otherwise i think we are in serious trouble.

The bottom 3 look doomed, we’ve 1 place to avoid, and avoid it we will. Get a pint of San Miguel and chill. 👍