Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC FA cup third round

Nottm_Wanderer

just watching football focus 

BWFC are at home to AFC Wimbledon

Boreham Wood Football Club 

They have BWFC on their club badge .

I think I will adopt them as my club for this season's FA cup .

Chairman re mortgaged his house to keep the club afloat .

They play in white shirts too 

Just saying 

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

just watching football focus 

BWFC are at home to AFC Wimbledon

Boreham Wood Football Club 

They have BWFC on their club badge .

I think I will adopt them as my club for this season's FA cup .

Chairman re mortgaged his house to keep the club afloat .

They play in white shirts too 

Just saying 

Winning 1-0

• Site Supporter

I watched an old episode of Minder, or might have been The Sweeney years ago and saw BWFC graffitiied on a wall. For ages I presumed proudly that it was us. Only much later did I realise that it could have been Boreham Wood.

During our non footballing time a few years ago I got to watching Bray Wanderers in Second Division Irish league.

4 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I watched an old episode of Minder, or might have been The Sweeney years ago and saw BWFC graffitiied on a wall. For ages I presumed proudly that it was us. Only much later did I realise that it could have been Boreham Wood.

During our non footballing time a few years ago I got to watching Bray Wanderers in Second Division Irish league.

There was a episode of minder on a couple of months back itv 4 we’re Arthur decides to run as a independent councillor in the local election. He as a old job lot of Bolton wanderers rossettes in is lock up left over from the cup final so he sticks is name over the top of them to hand out to is supporters  while canvassing . Good old Daley 😂

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

This graffiti has been discussed on here before. It was done at an away v Oxford. Two games in a weekend, Fulham then Oxford. The Sweeney episode was “The Tomorrow Man. The lad who did it was a former fabrication engineer (Boiler Maker) at Horwich Loco Works where I did my apprenticeship. He was called Conrad H and ended up in the world of finance.

I spoke to him (email) last time it was discussed and this is his reply:

Wow I’ve never seen that before. Do you know what the name of the episode is and I will look it up. The only time that could’ve been done was on a tour to Fulham and Oxford in March 1975. 

I’ll find the previous thread and reply so it gets back to the top for info.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Dimron said:

20 years or so ago there I met a family from Boreham Wood a few times who used to be BWFC supporters and travelled to quite a few home and away games.

I wonder if there;s a connection....

The Conrad that @MickyDwas talking about, moved to Camberley.

On 09/01/2022 at 22:23, MickyD said:

During our non footballing time a few years ago I got to watching Bray Wanderers in Second Division Irish league

Bray Wanderers, interesting article below, a bit of a franchise takeover at the club, something similar to MK Dons / Wimbledon, the name lives on but not the club ...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/mergers-can-occasionally-work-but-with-bray-wanderers-effectively-out-of-business-its-a-sad-day-for-irish-football-41093400.html

Oh and on the subject of BWFC graffiti, there was a lad called Matt, who used to spray "BWFC Matt" everywhere in the 70's

I know a story about him breaking into an away ground in London, the night before a BWFC game to spray his tag.

• Site Supporter
On 09/01/2022 at 21:58, Francis Fogarty said:

@Nottm_Wanderer I have no idea how you attributed @Francis Fogarty’s post to me but neat trick.

It had me wondering when the hell I’d ever watched Bray Wanderers.

10 hours ago, MickyD said:

@Nottm_Wanderer I have no idea how you attributed @Francis Fogarty’s post to me but neat trick.

It had me wondering when the hell I’d ever watched Bray Wanderers.

I've no idea how i did it either , I think I highlighted the text and clicked "Quote".

The Bray Wanderers story is very sad !

On 09/01/2022 at 21:58, Francis Fogarty said:

Posted this a few times before, but it still intrigues me - C4 report in 2010 on the Haiti earthquake.

Graffiti on the wall...

gallery_7_32_17439.jpg