Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chester FC

Traf

Anybody else struggling for sympathy for them?
Entrance and club shop is in England, but stands & pitch are in Wales. Yet they want the ground to fall under English Law so they can have fans in.

They chose to build the ground mainly in Wales, possibly because of all the grant money available. There was other land available within the English border, they've made their bed, they should lie in it.

Absolutely no sympathy. Chester is in Wales in my eye always has been and always will be. 
happy to accept government grants from Wales but not follow legislation from Wales. They should stop being such little Devas. 

mutley 

7 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Absolutely no sympathy. Chester is in Wales in my eye always has been and always will be. 
happy to accept government grants from Wales but not follow legislation from Wales. They should stop being such little Devas

mutley 

Gerrout of it 🤣

Marc505

13 minutes ago, Mutley said:

happy to accept government grants from Wales but not follow legislation from Wales. They should stop being such little Devas. 

mutley 

So basically like the SNP with Westminster then 

Esco 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Big E said:

I have as it is a joke especially when Wexham are allowed to travel in numbers to games in England. 

If you go down to that area you would see it is industrial estates etc. 

it is a load of bollocks.

This 

Also I have a soft spot, for the new ground, took Mrs Ratwhite shopping to Chester one Saturday on an early date and it turned out we were playing there 👀

We drew 2-2 - start of an era.

• Site Supporter

Their address is Chester, with a Chester post code.

When reformed, they received the support of Cheshire West and Chester Council which granted a lease of the stadium. 

Don't care what boundaries it straddles, it seems to me that it meets the technical requirements of being in England.

Fuck Wales.

The City is English.

They are registered with the English FA. 

Any fees are paid into the English FA.

The English police manage their games.

They have reveived NO money from the Welsh Govt., Welsh FA, Flintshire Council. Their rates are paid to Cheshire.  EVER.

The ground on the border has proven uncontrovertial since it was built. 30 years ago.

Until last Friday.

If the Welsh lay claim to it they will owe Cheshire Police 30 years money, the Welsh FA will owe them a host grants & support, including various Covid grants which they've never requested, discussed or been offered.

Plus, & I say this as a local, living 2 miles into the Welsh border for almost 40 years and I believe this is crucial, incontrovertible and a closing argument ... the Welsh are wankers.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Their address is Chester, with a Chester post code.

When reformed, they received the support of Cheshire West and Chester Council which granted a lease of the stadium. 

Don't care what boundaries it straddles, it seems to me that it meets the technical requirements of being in England.

Fuck Wales.

It’s literally only the club offices that are in England though, the rest is in Wales.

It does highlight the ridiculousness of having different rules for England and Wales, but given they got financial support from the Welsh government and their alcohol licence is issued by Flintshire Council, you’d think they’d have been well aware of the potential for such a situation. That said, if their safety certificate is issued by Cheshire Council then that should deem it an English stadium as far as I’m concerned. 

I have sympathy for them. Chester is in England always will be. Wrexham on other hand Welsh. Hate the English but happy to play in England take our money otherwise they would be playing in Crappy Welsh League with mostly one man and his sheep type crowds and zero interest outside Welsh Wales. 

Plus have Chester FC actually had any money from Welsh Government? They wouldn't give us the time of day normally and feelings mutual. 

Sympathy for Chester? Of course, we should have.

The Welsh government and media are pushing this. The rivalry between Chester and Wrexham is as fierce as anything you see because its not just about football.

The fact is, if its about covid restrictions then English law should prevail. The vast majority of fans live in Chester obviously, and travel from there. They are policed by Cheshire police, Chester council provide the safety certificate. 

And its a community club, we should support them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bgmm3k

16 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

Sympathy for Chester? Of course, we should have.

The Welsh government and media are pushing this. The rivalry between Chester and Wrexham is as fierce as anything you see because its not just about football.

The fact is, if its about covid restrictions then English law should prevail. The vast majority of fans live in Chester obviously, and travel from there. They are policed by Cheshire police, Chester council provide the safety certificate. 

And its a community club, we should support them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bgmm3k

Are the stands in Wales?

If so, attending a match is a public gathering in Wales and should abide by their rules.

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

Are the stands in Wales?

If so, attending a match is a public gathering in Wales and should abide by their rules.

Yes most of the stands are in wales and the pitch. The car park and offices are in England

Come on, its surrounded by farm land , no one is travelling from Wales to watch Chester

This is politics not about the border 

3 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

Yes most of the stands are in wales and the pitch. The car park and offices are in England

Come on, its surrounded by farm land , no one is travelling from Wales to watch Chester

People aren't coming to visit the offices, they're coming to congregate in Wales. Dress it up how you want. If you're over the border, you're over the border.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

Let them play in the offices then.

Photocopier for goalposts.