Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

There was a spell early on where Dapo really looked in the mood. Took the piss out of their right back, much to the delight of crazy corner. And then got kicked one too many times and went hiding again. Would be interesting to see how we would play without him, but I genuinely don’t know who else they’d pass the ball to. 

I’m hoping that Fossey will attract some attention on our right flank now that Jones is back in the mix. That was the most positive thing to come out of last night.

If they can carry on like that last 20 minutes, it should give defences more to think about, rather than just stopping Dapo.

Just got back from chatting on site with a groundwork gang, they're out and out Ipswich home & away.

As fans they are well up for putting the record straight but they tell me how they never know what sort of performance they're going to get... a bit like us really but they are in a bit of form at present.

Still think we are in danger of getting pasted.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

I’m hoping that Fossey will attract some attention on our right flank now that Jones is back in the mix. That was the most positive thing to come out of last night.

If they can carry on like that last 20 minutes, it should give defences more to think about, rather than just stopping Dapo.

Fossey reminded me a little bit of Janko we had from DMBs the other year (now playing in La Liga, believe it or not). Always looking for the ball and just runs all day. That said, I don't think we've had much of an issue out wide, particularly when Isgrove has been available. The problem is that they either beat their man and there's nobody to cross to, or they win a corner or free kick and, well, we know that invariably ends up.

7 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

looking at the table , another defeat is going to make us in a relegation scrap for the rest of the season.

Another defeat will really not help but we won’t go down. That said nobody in their worst nightmares could imagine league form of 2/2/9 after the start we had. That’s in addition to embarrassing cup exits from lower league clubs.

We must stop the rot ASAP and if that’s a 0-0 draw on Sat then so be it.

We desperately need a win from one of the next three games to give us some confidence for the 3 after that which are all biggies in and around us.

Confidence is totally shot, we systematically concede first, cannot score or win 50/50’s and the distribution from dead-balls is farcical. We also lack leaders which is a big big problem in times like this.

Apart from that all is fine but we will still end the season with breathing space above the drop.

Edited by captainmed

2 hours ago, Dimron said:

Fingers crossed, I never expected this earlier in the season.

Good overall summary

I don't know if I'd say I never expected it (even if I was joining in with "we are goin up!" at Lincoln) I always thought we'd finish upper mid table and also believe getting promoted to Championship at first time of asking would actually be harmful to us anyway. No way we could consider even competing for survival there without investing and paying huge money just now.

But one thing that seems apparent to me is our whole game, "philosophy" if you want to call it that, was dependent on confidence, hence the manager always coming out with really OTT public statements about how good we are to keep continually boosting everyone. But unfortunately confidence is fragile and we don't appear have any real cunts on the pitch to grip people and lead them through a bad spell.

Slappings at home to Rotherham and Wigan showed players and fans how far off the best in L1 we really are and how daft Evatt's chat really is. 

• Members

I’m a firm believer in partnerships they need time to be established. The CB pairing HAS to be consistent

Down the flank partnerships

The midfield pivot pairing has to be consistent 

we’ve not been able to establish these partnerships consistently and it shows 

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’m a firm believer in partnerships they need time to be established. The CB pairing HAS to be consistent

Down the flank partnerships

The midfield pivot pairing has to be consistent 

we’ve not been able to establish these partnerships consistently and it shows 

Good point been far too much disruption, chopping and changing this season.

Jones and Fossey looked a promising partnership after only 10 minutes, hope that continues.

John and Dapo on left are good going forward but not great defensively.

midfield, who knows how that will work out especially if we sign Dempsey but at least it will be competitive.

Aimson and Santos are OK together still not solid though.

• Members
24 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Good point been far too much disruption, chopping and changing this season.

Jones and Fossey looked a promising partnership after only 10 minutes, hope that continues.

John and Dapo on left are good going forward but not great defensively.

midfield, who knows how that will work out especially if we sign Dempsey but at least it will be competitive.

Aimson and Santos are OK together still not solid though.

Need that spine 

Then partnerships on the flanks.