Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

6 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Don't forget your Lateral flow test email confirmation from NHS confirming you're negative.

Or your Tesco Clubcard QR code 😉

They're not checking what the QR code is that you show them, they don't have scanners.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Traf said:

They're not checking what the QR code is that you show them, they don't have scanners.

I asked on Tuesday night if they were going to scan the barcode on the vaccine pass but steward said no so i asked if they were just checking the date was valid i just got a blank look and the comment "dunno mate we have been told to ask if you have a pass and then say thanks that's all"

Utterly pointless excersise

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, burnden said:

I asked on Tuesday night if they were going to scan the barcode on the vaccine pass but steward said no so i asked if they were just checking the date was valid i just got a blank look and the comment "dunno mate we have been told to ask if you have a pass and then say thanks that's all"

Utterly pointless excersise

I suppose of it gets a few to actually test themselves prior then it's worth it, but it will soon get around that checks aren't done properly, and becomes pointless.

Maybe that's what's behind the rumour that they're scrapping it and moving to vaccinated only.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It does say nhs covid pass above it though. And nhs logo.

If those checking don't notice that's missing, then all a bit pointless. 

I was on my phone wallet bringing up the NHS pass but it had automated on to my season ticket and he said 'yeah, fine' before I even had chance to switch the pass. Pointless box ticking exercise (that isn't unique to BWFC tbf based on going to a game in Scotland and not even being asked).

Lad in front of me said to the steward "Can't get the app to work"
She said "Ah, it'll be fine, just go in"

Lad at side said he'd not been jabbed and brought up his Tesco Clubcard QR code on the screen and she waved him through.

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

I was asked on Tuesday to show my Covid pass as I entered the ground.  I brought it up on my phone, but as I turned it to show them the screen went off, they laughed and said don't worry about it.  It's a farce.

To be fair would you want checked militantly. We’d be waiting outside forever

This one seemed like it was never going to end.

Normally when you're losing and they signal 6 extra minutes, there's a bit of a roar and people get behind the team, but when the board went up at 10.05pm saying 6, you could hear a massive groan around the ground.