Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's happened to Tuesday nights?

We went on a great run last season iirc.

We did have a wierdly great run on Tuesdays...but in hindsight we beat teams we should beat (bottom half league 2 teams) with the only notable wins at Cheltenham (a bit lucky), Cambridge home 2-1 and 1-0 at Salford.  This season its fair to say the reason we've stopped winning on Tuesdays is the same reason we've stopped winning on Saturdays, the opposition are better.  When we've played Crewe, Doncaster, Charlton or Lincoln on a Tuesday we've still won, the same as on Saturdays generally.  Hopefully we'll get favourable Tuesday results from now, against Morecambe, Cambridge, Charlton, Lincoln, Burton, Accrington because that could be enough to stop up even if we lose most Saturday games. 

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We did have a wierdly great run on Tuesdays...but in hindsight we beat teams we should beat (bottom half league 2 teams) with the only notable wins at Cheltenham (a bit lucky), Cambridge home 2-1 and 1-0 at Salford.  This season its fair to say the reason we've stopped winning on Tuesdays is the same reason we've stopped winning on Saturdays, the opposition are better.  When we've played Crewe, Doncaster, Charlton or Lincoln on a Tuesday we've still won, the same as on Saturdays generally.  Hopefully we'll get favourable Tuesday results from now, against Morecambe, Cambridge, Charlton, Lincoln, Burton, Accrington because that could be enough to stop up even if we lose most Saturday games. 

You know as well as I do it’s very unlikely to play out that way. But yes it’s good pub talk.

We are just as likely to beat Ipswich, beat Sunderland and lose to Crewe.

That’s the joy of supporting BWFC!

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Traf said:

Lad in front of me said to the steward "Can't get the app to work"
She said "Ah, it'll be fine, just go in"

Lad at side said he'd not been jabbed and brought up his Tesco Clubcard QR code on the screen and she waved him through.

Might give this a go. I could always apologise and say it must’ve jumped to next photo.

image.png.0a1a4f15f3a9ed310c975e5b8b3ac5af.png

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

On the 9th Anniversary of Sir Nats passing I’m hoping any booboys can have a day off, go to the match and support the team like the great man himself did.  It’s only one match, not asking much.

Eleventh

Not too confident, Ipswich are in good form & beat Wycombe recently, but I do think we're on the up with Jones' return being a big plus, the hairy chap & Charles both looked promising on Tuesday & will be 1 game more integrated & fitter now  ,plus Morley must improve the midfield.

If we score first for once, we could win but i'd probably take a draw now to break the losing streak.

26 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

On the 9th Anniversary of Sir Nats passing I’m hoping any booboys can have a day off, go to the match and support the team like the great man himself did.  It’s only one match, not asking much.

I'm hoping the team play better than the team at the time did vs Chelsea in their 'let's do it for Nat' attempts 

Dapo needs a goal for his confidence. He's trying to do too much. Charles movement looked very good on tuesday but he's quite lightweight so hoofball isn't going to work. Commit to playing out from the back and persist with it. We put 5 past these cunts earlier this season surely we can manage a couple at home. 

Edited by Arrested development

Really hoping for a positive result today as feels like a massive game in terms of the season dynamics. Can see Delf starting given how thin on ground we are as not sure Morley will start being honest. Looking forward to the Boos when sideways and backwards passes are made. Just a reminder not every pass in football has to go forward. COYWM

mutley