Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

13 hours ago, desperado said:

You know as well as I do it’s very unlikely to play out that way. But yes it’s good pub talk.

We are just as likely to beat Ipswich, beat Sunderland and lose to Crewe.

That’s the joy of supporting BWFC!

I've no idea how it will pan out, but what I feel like the results are more predictable this season.  Last year we'd lose to Grimsby, Oldham, Colchester, Exeter but beat most of the top 8.  This year we're now losing away consistently, and our points come from home games against bottom half teams, its ages since we got even a draw against a "decent" team.  Hopefully with the new signings today is the start of putting that run to bed, I'd love us to come out of the next 2 homes with no defeats, even 2 draws and perhaps get a clean sheet or the first goal.  COYWM. 

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

On the 9th Anniversary of Sir Nats passing I’m hoping any booboys can have a day off, go to the match and support the team like the great man himself did.  It’s only one match, not asking much.

When has there been any significant boo boys at our home games?  I'm struggling to remember an era of more supportive fans in all my time going to games, for a team in our sort of position in the league.  Plenty of encouragement on Tuesday, then it went quiet when it was obvious we weren't going to get anything from the game, I've been to games in the past when there would have been loads of booing but it was just quiet and occasionally encouraging.

• Members

Trafford

Jones santos Johnston Jones

MJ 

Lee Morley

Fossey                            Baka

Charles

?

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Trafford

MJ 

Lee Morley

Charles

?

Correct but with Declan John at LB 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Trafford

MJ 

Lee Morley

Charles

?

Jones is going to be busy playing both full back positions Rudy 😀

Edited by Whitesince63

Don’t agree with continuing to change the centre back pairing, would have kept Santos and Aimson personally.

Trafford is a strange one but I’m not too bothered either way.

Can’t believe Dapo has been dropped. I know he’s been far from his best, and maybe it’s the kick up the arse he needs, but he’s still our biggest threat and I’d rather have him on the pitch than not.

Glad to see Jones back in and looking forward to seeing what Morley can do.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Don’t agree with continuing to change the centre back pairing, would have kept Santos and Aimson personally.

Can’t believe Dapo has been dropped. I know he’s been far from his best, and maybe it’s the kick up the arse he needs, but he’s still our biggest threat and I’d rather have him on the pitch than not.

It hasn't been working out for Dapo of late. Maybe bringing him on against tired legs later in the game with something to prove could give him a boost?

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Completely agree on the centre back pairing,nAimson looked ok to me on Tuesday and it would be good if we could get a centre back pairing who could develop an understanding.

Dapo does look like he's lost his sharpness & edge but he is still our top scorer at the end of the day along with being the only one who's willing to actually have a shot on goal. He did have a head knock tuesday though so that may be the reason, hopefully he can have an impact when he comes on