Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

34 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Excellent today

but you won’t get 2 games a week from him 

If there was a "man of 2 matches" award this week, surely Lee would get it.  Never once looked tired to me, never out of either game for a more than a few minutes unlike plenty others.  I'd pick him every game if available, but happy for him to get subbed especially if a game is virtually over by the 80th minute like this week's 2 games.  Yes rest him occasionally but I think that should apply to every outfield player when its 2 games a week consistently.

Lee was outstanding today, superb and unflappable. On the evidence of today MJ gets a rest if Dempsey arrives. MJ hasn't reached the same levels as pre-injury/covid yet.

Baka? could/should have had a couple, but he just doesn't read the game at all. Set off a fraction sooner and he reaches both crosses.

And the keeper? Traf Jnr was very good.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Lee was outstanding today, superb and unflappable. On the evidence of today MJ gets a rest if Dempsey arrives. MJ hasn't reached the same levels as pre-injury/covid yet.

Baka? could/should have had a couple, but he just doesn't read the game at all. Set off a fraction sooner and he reaches both crosses.

And the keeper? Traf Jnr was very good.

Agree on all the above, defo Dempsey in for MJ if they are similar types. 

22 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You won’t be saying that after the visits of Sun’lun, Sheff Weds and Pompey.

Sunderland are a bit like us, they don't have many songs.  They'll be loud for 20 minutes and if they aren't winning it will die out.  Last time they came here they were booing in the 2nd half and chanting for Ross to be sacked.  Sheff Wed amongst the best fans I've seen for backing their team vocally away, without just taking the piss out of home fans.  Looking forward to them coming.  Pompey - meh.    

• Members
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You two will be getting Rudy in a flap! 😁

From Evatt's comments post match- wanted us to defend and attack as a unit- then it is a possibility, though not necessarily straight away, nor every game. Horses for courses.

He was caught ball watching a few times today but when Lee is told to go and press so high it leaves MJ a little open. The battle for CM is an excellent one now. I still think MJ is the first name On the sheet. For now. 

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree on all the above, defo Dempsey in for MJ if they are similar types. 

Surely not similar types going off what everyone says.  The reason we want him seems to be that he offers something we don't have - captain material, goal scoring potential, organiser, dark arts etc.  If that's the case, automatic pick but we know the reality, nobody is available every week and MJ more than deserves his place in the team, along with Lee.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Surely not similar types going off what everyone says.  The reason we want him seems to be that he offers something we don't have - captain material, goal scoring potential, organiser, dark arts etc.  If that's the case, automatic pick but we know the reality, nobody is available every week and MJ more than deserves his place in the team, along with Lee.

I’m just pleased we’re getting midfielders in the building, we’ve been weak in numbers in that area for a long long time.

13 minutes ago, chippytits said:

Great win, makes a difference when fraudulent george isn't in the starting line up!

COYWM

Chippy

I don't know who this guy is but he's robbed my name if I ever wanted to start a fake profile 

Stevieb - has chippy tits

• Moderators
1 hour ago, chippytits said:

Great win, makes a difference when fraudulent george isn't in the starting line up!

COYWM

Chippy

Ive only been saying this for a while 🙄

Starting line up was best we have had since Wigan.

We have carried passengers. You cant if you wanna be in the top half of league one.

It was never anything about the young players, they just aren’t good enough.

Today showed. Hope they can progress with us.

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Thought the referee was very good today, head and shoulders above the usual shite.

Completely agree Ernest. Think it’s important to highlight the referee having a good performance as can easily be overlooked. Credit to him he seems to have put his misdemeanours with dogs behind him and managed the game really well. 

mutley