Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)

Rudy

Well EFL on Quest have given the rest of the league another 3 months' ammo by quoting Evatts comments about wanting to be Premier League within 5 years.

Interesting hearing Ian Holloway putting comments like that and "best team in the league" down and saying they should be kept in house. If Holloway and Evatt are still good friends and Evatt sees him as his mentor, hopefully he takes the advice onboard.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Solid performance.

Jones has a huge impact on this team. Good defensively, improves Santos, gets forward well and is also a critical factor of us being able to play out from the back with the ball into MJ and then out to the full back - there’s a lot of confidence in him to keep the ball.

Lee was MoTM, never stopped.

MJ played well but still looks like he’s getting up to his best form - no bad thing though that there’s more to come from him.

Like the look of Morley, clever player with an eye for a pass, as Jules said hits a sweet ball but also seems like he has a defensive side to his game (and only 21!).

Charles will be a good one once up to speed - probably needs 3 or 4 more games before he gets there but the signs are promising.

As others have said, only slight downside today was Baka - didn’t win a single header, doesn’t use his size, lost the ball a lot and generally didn’t offer much. I think there’s more in him and maybe he needs a run in the team, but I thought he was poor today.

Liked the balance in the team, liked that we were effective down both sides, liked that we played out from the back but also went long. One swallow and all that, but definitely promising signs.

Best summary I’ve read.

Balance is a good way to describe it. Defended and attacked as a team.

Got a bit of luck today but made it hard for Ipswich to play through us and looked dangerous enough going forwards.

Very happy with the result, as others have said not our prettiest performance but plenty to be happy about regarding the “unseen” aspects of the game, and the first goal was well worked.

11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Well EFL on Quest have given the rest of the league another 3 months' ammo by quoting Evatts comments about wanting to be Premier League within 5 years.

Interesting hearing Ian Holloway putting comments like that and "best team in the league" down and saying they should be kept in house. If Holloway and Evatt are still good friends and Evatt sees him as his mentor, hopefully he takes the advice onboard.

Think it’s quite well known that they don’t get along - was also watching it. 

mutley

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think there's a healthy respect for each other's achievements but they aren't close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20392765

Sounds like relations may have improved a bit in the 10 years since that article was written.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-evatt-grimsby-ian-holloway-4594322.amp

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Holloway is a bellend

Rudy

I used to be of that opinion too, if you get chance listen to an interview he did with Colin Murray during lockdown about his life and looking after his profoundly deaf children. Really changed my view of him.

• Members
Just now, Marc505 said:

I used to be of that opinion too, if you get chance listen to an interview he did with Colin Murray during lockdown about his life and looking after his profoundly deaf children. Really changed my view of him.

Kin’ell Marc what a way to make me look like a bastard 😂

I’ll have a listen 

Was a performance and result worthy of me staying out all evening supping and currently standing in a kebab shop ignoring calls and messages from Mrs Boogs telling me I'm a shithouse cos I was supposed to be at a meal with her family earlier 😁

Fuckin love wanderers, you lot and this lad that is about to feed me some questionable meats.

Roll on Shrewsbury, we'll fuck you up!!!!!

Boogs 

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Kin’ell Marc what a way to make me look like a bastard 😂

I’ll have a listen 

20 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

😂 Don't get me wrong he can chat some shit on telly but I think a lot of it is just acting up for the camera.

Yep. I thought he was an utter cock. Listen to his life experience and he’s a different bloke. Got to say Colin Murray is very good at revealing the real person in his chats 

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

They will be travelling much further obvs,

Pompey fans will get behind the team non stop.

Quality not quantity.

We are the best away support in this division IMO (when you discount our retarded element) (and the AHM) 

but Pompey are good. 

sunland will be noisy although SOL was like a morgue this time round.