Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich (H)


Rudy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great result , wasn’t very confident the first ten minutes with the fannying about at the back putting pressure on ourselves. Thought the young goalie went on to have a decent game although they weren’t very direct ie a bit like us twenty five passes to get to the edge of our box.Plenty pressure from corners though , be interesting to know if they are any better than us at converting any.Lee mom for shear graft.Thought Bako put himself about without actually achieving much but ten out of ten for effort.

Morley steady debut , Fossey good again onwards & upwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Great result , wasn’t very confident the first ten minutes with the fannying about at the back putting pressure on ourselves. Thought the young goalie went on to have a decent game although they weren’t very direct ie a bit like us twenty five passes to get to the edge of our box.Plenty pressure from corners though , be interesting to know if they are any better than us at converting any.Lee mom for shear graft.Thought Bako put himself about without actually achieving much but ten out of ten for effort.

Morley steady debut , Fossey good again onwards & upwards.

Good summary 👍

Agree Lee just shaded MOM, but I thought everybody contributed to that win today. Great feeling winning again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, woolli said:

Baka was piss poor on Tuesday, but preferred to Dapo today? Surely an out of form Dapo is better than a out of form Baka?

 

Baka was played out of position on Tuesday, IEs mistake.  Not outstanding today but more than justified being picked down the middle in a "2", for so many reasons.

A fantastic win.  Great second quarter of game, deserved to be leading at H-T.  Ipswich looked the better team for much of the 2nd half but we stood firm - what a pleasure it is to say that - and the crucial first goal was superbly worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

good performance that

Morley has abit  of everything likes a tackle,bundles of energy and can pick a pass

Overall thought we just about deserved the win

Trafford has got abit of a gob on him

Forgot how good a win feels coyfwm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tkonion said:

Completely agree on the centre back pairing,nAimson looked ok to me on Tuesday and it would be good if we could get a centre back pairing who could develop an understanding.

I agree Aimson was excellent on Tuesday, my take on it is that he wanted a left footer to support John a bit down the left because otherwise he had no support at all, with no left winger.  I thought it worked quite well and Johnstone played well, but I'm happy for Aimson to come back against a more physical/direct team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After about 20 mins I think we started to get the bounce of the ball. I did think this was 0-0 all over it. 

Johnstone with a fantastic tackle at the end of the first half. 
 

Trafford looked lapsidasical initially but grew into it. Some good saves and that in the second half where he held it from the point blank range header. 
 

Suspicions of offside for our goals. 
 

A great win though! Bogey team for Ipswich 

 

Enjoyed it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brilliant win hopefully a springboard to the season. Baka superb. Morley 6/10 debut and Trafford solid apart from flapping at one corner like Dudek. 
Good team unity and much more promising. All the best to Ipswich for the rest of the season. 
 

mutley 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Lee? Fantastic today but won’t go forever and with 2 games a week in feb would be my bet 

Aye, probably. 

A bit controversial, but sometimes when teams press at the right times and get behind our attacking midfielders, it leaves MJ exposed as he's not the most mobile.

I wonder, if in some games where Evatt anticipates us having plenty of possession, if he might look to utilise a more mobile, interchangeable midfield 3.

Maybe also offering a quicker press ourselves?

Whatever the case, some useful options. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very happy with that today. Started a little slow then dominated the first half. Thought we were struggling a bit in the second half and they were having most of the possession but then got the two goals.

I like the look of Charles and reckon he'll get a few goals for us. Morley and Trafford had decent debuts and Fossey again caused some problems.

Still work to be done but great result.

Come On You Whites!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Great performance and a much deserved win 

Trafford and Morley both had good debuts. Trafford looks a similar size to Santos and looks imposing. The defence seemed a lot more resolute today, not just because of the keeper but generally weren't exposed in wide areas. 

Got that bit of luck that we needed.

We need a better version of Baka. He's fucking useless. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Wins nothing in the air and has absolutely no goal threat. 

 

Trafford definitely an improvement.  Fair enough to those that rate Dixon and want him in the team but I personally thought Trafford's handling was an improvement.  He also looks slightly taller which to me is an advantage if all other things are equal.  

On Morley, yes he's got something, but if he plays like today for the next 10 games, that's not enough.  Gave the ball away with sloppy passes more than Thomasson does, and most of his long passes weren't quite hitting the mark and he generally didn't seem to be involved as much as the everyone else.  Had the shot that resulted in the goal which was a plus, but I'm assuming this wasn't him at his best or I'd be concerned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Trafford definitely an improvement.  Fair enough to those that rate Dixon and want him in the team but I personally thought Trafford's handling was an improvement.  He also looks slightly taller which to me is an advantage if all other things are equal.  

On Morley, yes he's got something, but if he plays like today for the next 10 games, that's not enough.  Gave the ball away with sloppy passes more than Thomasson does, and most of his long passes weren't quite hitting the mark and he generally didn't seem to be involved as much as the everyone else.  Had the shot that resulted in the goal which was a plus, but I'm assuming this wasn't him at his best or I'd be concerned.

Gave a couple of passes away but chased back and won them back, from what I saw today Morley is a massive upgrade on Thomason. And regarding Trafford, he's 6 foot 6 inch.,

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, probably. 

A bit controversial, but sometimes when teams press at the right times and get behind our attacking midfielders, it leaves MJ exposed as he's not the most mobile.

I wonder, if in some games where Evatt anticipates us having plenty of possession, if he might look to utilise a more mobile, interchangeable midfield 3.

Maybe also offering a quicker press ourselves?

Whatever the case, some useful options. 

 

Absolutely and eventually sheehan

good call on dapo that will do him a world of good hopefully get his mojo back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great to see us take our chances today. Improvements still to be made but that was a massive step forward.

Trafford will grow in to it with a bit of experience and confidence, and it certainly won’t have done him any harm to keep a clean sheet on his debut. He was sold a little short in the first half when he expected to play out from the back but both Santos and Johnston weren’t interested, and on separate occasions both John and Williams had dreadful body shapes in receiving the ball and put themselves right back in to trouble, but that certainly isn’t on the keeper for me. The handful of fuckwits who were booing after all of three minutes need a reality check and a look in the mirror.

Morley showed plenty of energy and again will improve as he gets used to this level, just as Dion is coming more and more in to it with each game.

Bakayoko can fuck off though, and then fuck off some more. Built like a brick shithouse but has no heart whatsoever. Would like another one at the ball across goal in first half where surely he was caught on his heels or he’d have reached it, and then on more than one occasion in the second half the ball was literally a yard in front of him and he just wasn’t interested enough to challenge for it. He’s had his chance in a variety of positions and formations now and shown precisely nowt in every one of them. Dapo playing up top probably isn’t a long term solution, but it certainly offered something a little different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very happy. The first 10/15 minutes were worrying but we weathered their early push & got into the game. Ipswich were a better footballing team than Wycombe which probably shows that we  can struggle  against more physiocal/shithouse teams.

No bad performances, Baka is limited but gave it everything, John had his best game for ages, Trafford & Morley had good ,steady debuts, IE got selection & sub timing spot on, honourable mentions to Jones & Fossey but MOTM goes to the excellent Lee.

( I wonder what the odds are for a play off place, I could be tempted 😊 .....we should only get better )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.