Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury.

leigh white

20 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I've got a feeling DJ has got delusions of grandeur. Clearly believes he should be playing in the Championship. Needs to start putting in the performances to prove it IMO. Very much looking like a bang average league 1 player at the moment.

Hes never been the same player since he signed his contract! Im sure his primary role is to defend, but gets caught out of position all the time. The Guy from Huddersfield last season, Jackson was prob a better, and cheaper option.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Hes never been the same player since he signed his contract! Im sure his primary role is to defend, but gets caught out of position all the time. The Guy from Huddersfield last season, Jackson was prob a better, and cheaper option.

I think some of the stick is a tad unfair. He's expected to provide width and crosses from the left as Dapo comes inside.

When he goes forward, its imperative someone covers for him. He can't be everywhere at once.

I don't think the left side as a whole is as strong defensively.

Two clean sheets with Dapo on the bench and a left footed centre half has perhaps  helped in that regard, but obviously some of the attacking play suffers.

Not sure I can see Baka starting next week though- maybe replaced by Dapo, Bod, or both in.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, woolli said:

Out of all the things you could talk about today you choose something negative/critical! You’ve been away too long. That was a fucking class away game. 

I’ve never seen my 3 celebrate a bolton away win as much as that in all my life - fucking brilliant 👏👏

Dion Charles, Dion, Dion Charles 👏👏

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

OK fair comment 😁.  I don't see a championship standard player in him myself but we did have Taylor and Moxey in that league so stranger things have happened.

😁 That's true. Christ we've had some badduns! 

Actually - Taylor was alright....

22 minutes ago, woolli said:

I liked the look of Jackson too although its a tough call to say he was better than John, based on two league 2 games.  But there was no choice to make, Jackson presumably under contract at Huddersfield, John a free agent.

47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

The moments you pay thousands and travel hundreds of miles for. Not another feeling like it.

I ran out of likes but this.  A million times this.  Couldn't get there today but chuffed for those who saw and experienced it first hand. Lovely stuff 

23 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Doing well without Thomason 🙄

I know its in jest, but if we'd had a striker hammering shots into the top corner from 20 yards when he was on the pitch it would have helped him!  To those there today, how did Morley play?  Not great last week but presumably more to come, I noticed on commentary he was taking most of the corners and free kicks.

37 minutes ago, desperado said:

Out of all the things you could talk about today you choose something negative/critical! You’ve been away too long. That was a fucking class away game. 

I’ve never seen my 3 celebrate a bolton away win as much as that in all my life - fucking brilliant 👏👏

Dion Charles, Dion, Dion Charles 👏👏

Fair to say you all deserved that reward for all the fruitless away trips in recent months.  Genuinely pleased for you and the others who travel regularly.  I saw the fairly late winner at Lincoln and you can't beat those moments, they are so rare. 

2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Limbs

Listened to it on the ifollow. I said to the missus the is going to be 1 nil but I don't know which way. There was a miss just before and I thought we had spunked our load again.

But fk me  that was a brilliant goal 

Onwards

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair to say you all deserved that reward for all the fruitless away trips in recent months.  Genuinely pleased for you and the others who travel regularly.  I saw the fairly late winner at Lincoln and you can't beat those moments, they are so rare. 

Cheers pal

Yes BOLTON away wins in this last decade have been as rare as rocking horse shit. So I’m not going to take any negative crap today 👏👏😊

• Moderators
1 hour ago, woolli said:

Remembering it's all about opinions, I've got to say mine is

What a crock of shit