Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, woolli said:

I had forgot mate! been a long time, but fucking fantastic. Nothing better!

Good lad! It was a belter of an away game. Fucking buzzin! Eldest is celebrating with his crew. Middle one is the envy of his mates having witnessed a late wanderers winner and the young daughter is making sure she’s booked in for Morecambe!! 

Just back, EIEIEIfuckingO 

!st half fairly dour & fairly even with our defence looking solid again.....2nd half, Dapo gave us much more threat going forward (but maybe weakened us a bit defensively )  we got stronger & probably just about deserved it by the end.

Fossey ( never a fullback ) &  Jones very good again, Dapo too good to be on the bench really and did well in the no10 role, but MOTM to Charles who won't do much away from goal but is a constant nuisance to defenders & has real ability to make chances & get shots away with either foot from in & around the box.....I think he'll score plenty.

Great support & bedlam when we scored. Ace.

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

If you could bottle it and sell it …..

As long as they don't go and sell it on the concourse at Shrewsbury. Fucking disgraceful set up at their one and only kiosk down there today, a few of us were getting properly crushed against the counter at the front at HT. Well unpleasant.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Bloody hell mate. Have you forgot what a late winner away from home feels like!!!

In 40 odd years the last minute winners away from home that I've seen can be counted on one hand; last time I was at Shrewsbury (Gay Meadow) we scored a last minute winner in front of a packed away terrace.  Close range header from Stuart Storer on first day of season.  Not long after that we signed their best player, Tony Kelly.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

As long as they don't go and sell it on the concourse at Shrewsbury. Fucking disgraceful set up at their one and only kiosk down there today, a few of us were getting properly crushed against the counter at the front at HT. Well unpleasant.

As much as it was a fuck up, you did make me laugh, you made it sound like you were about to keel over! I actually sneaked in front of you and got served  😂 

12 minutes ago, desperado said:

As much as it was a fuck up, you did make me laugh, you made it sound like you were about to keel over! I actually sneaked in front of you and got served  😂 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You didn't look happy, was it a decent pint ?

It was a fucking piss take, a dangerous piss take. How the fuck they've got away with that set up in the years since its been open I'll never know.

Shit pint shit stadium shit heads. Taxi driver was a good lad though, drove me right up to away end entrance 😀