Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury.


leigh white
 Share

Recommended Posts

We were hard to beat today and defended well, which gave us the platform to grab the win. Not been able to say that so far this season. In fact, dare I say, it's reminiscent of last season's transformation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fucking fair play lads, stayed in there & got the rewards for it. Not at our best but got the three points, still bedding in the new signings. Dion, Bod & Dapo looked dangerous when up there together & we did look pretty solid just need to find the balance. Deffo need another centre mid though so hopefully Dempsey gets done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second clean sheet on the bounce, new six-figure fee striker smashes in a screamer of a late winner, to break his duck, first away result since September. Things are looking up! 

..... seems we may have been a bit fortunate to still be in the game at 0-0 going in to the second half and Shrewsbury's own lack of scoring prowess would have worked in our favour. But us carrying a threat that deep in to an away game is something we've not seen much of late. 

Another Saturday evening to savour a pint or two. Bring on Sunderland next Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Fucking fair play lads, stayed in there & got the rewards for it. Not at our best but got the three points, still bedding in the new signings. Dion, Bod & Dapo looked dangerous when up there together & we did look pretty solid just need to find the balance. Deffo need another centre mid though so hopefully Dempsey gets done.

Demosey played against the pies today. Hope they didn't twat him with crusts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Second clean sheet on the bounce, new six-figure fee striker smashes in a screamer of a late winner, to break his duck, first away result since September. Things are looking up! 

..... seems we may have been a bit fortunate to still be in the game at 0-0 going in to the second half and Shrewsbury's own lack of scoring prowess would have worked in our favour. But us carrying a threat that deep in to an away game is something we've not seen much of late. 

Another Saturday evening to savour a pint or two. Bring on Sunderland next Saturday.

Shrewsbury definitely had a better performance than us, first half, if not overall. But don't think they made any huge chances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Limbs

 

 

Quality goal.    Gets better every 

What's the lad in the orange-rust coat doing.  He runs over and then is like wtf am I supposed to do now.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

John appears either knackered or not overly impressed when he fires that in.

Maybe he can't believe what he's just seen.

Swear he's always like that with goals, very little emotion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

John appears either knackered or not overly impressed when he fires that in.

Maybe he can't believe what he's just seen.

I've got a feeling DJ has got delusions of grandeur. Clearly believes he should be playing in the Championship. Needs to start putting in the performances to prove it IMO. Very much looking like a bang average league 1 player at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I've got a feeling DJ has got delusions of grandeur. Clearly believes he should be playing in the Championship. Needs to start putting in the performances to prove it IMO. Very much looking like a bang average league 1 player at the moment.

Based on what?  Not sure how we can judge which league a player thinks he should be in unless they've come out and said it.  FWIW he looked back to his old self v Ipswich, some quality attacking play, but defensively he's not great (seems to be the fashion with full backs - Alonso, Antony Robinson etc).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.