Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Horwich

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

This situation about having to sign up for a ticket is fucking pathetic. And damaging.

My lads mate wants to come tomorrow. Only decided earlier on. But he can’t because it’s too late to sign him up and the hassle isn’t worth it.

I cannot believe it’s become harder to watch Bolton than Manchester fucking City.

I love Shazza, I rarely criticise the club, but this situation is a steaming pile of fetid dogshit.

Spot on.

Introducing a scheme when your clubs in the premiership and you're selling out the ground is doable ala Burnley.

Pissing folk off when you've got demand and 8 or 9000 seats available? Feckin madness. Some of the folk unable to buy now will be lost forever.

• Members
1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The worst appointment this club has made in the last few years has been this corporate Burnley boy - apart from Keef Hill obvs.

I was willing to give him a shot, even redeem himself but he’s royally fucked up he’s costing the club bunce through misguided arrogance 

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The worst appointment this club has made in the last few years has been this corporate Burnley boy - apart from Keef Hill obvs.

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I was willing to give him a shot, even redeem himself but he’s royally fucked up he’s costing the club bunce through misguided arrogance 

He’s just not the type of appointment this club needs right now.

• Site Supporter

I think I’ve missed a lot of behind the scenes stuff (I blame the Tories)

Am I to understand the club have employed some Burnley cunt who’s tried to impose a load of ticketing rules based on a club in the premier league?

A cunt who will be staring at a load of empty seats tomorrow and wondering why ?

Tell me I’m wrong please.

I love Shazza, but something went wrong here. I trust her to sort it.

29 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Buying tickets has become a pain in the arse, i used to love it when you could just turn up on the day and hand over your cash at the turnstile.

Progress eh?

The membership is a pain in the backside but its been many years since an away following sold out, and anyone could turn up and buy a ticket on the day, even less pay cash on the gate.  Possibly that's never happened at this stadium, happy to be corrected.

Cambridge on Tuesday night however, if they aren't encouraging anyone and everyone to turn up, its a sad day.

34 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Buying tickets has become a pain in the arse, i used to love it when you could just turn up on the day and hand over your cash at the turnstile.

Progress eh?

What's hard about it nowadays? I'm not being an arsehole - I've got a ST so I don't have the meither thankfully. Don't you just give them your membership number when you buy a ticket?

18 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Spot on.

Introducing a scheme when your clubs in the premiership and you're selling out the ground is doable ala Burnley.

Pissing folk off when you've got demand and 8 or 9000 seats available? Feckin madness. Some of the folk unable to buy now will be lost forever.

In their dreams 😁

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

What's hard about it nowadays? I'm not being an arsehole - I've got a ST so I don't have the meither thankfully. Don't you just give them your membership number when you buy a ticket?

Yeh i’ve got a ST with my daughter, so obviously buying our away/cup tickets isn’t a problem, but trying to purchase tickets for friends or family who aren’t in your ‘network’ is more difficult than it should be.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yes. And quote the square root of the product of the numerical part of the value of a parsec in metres, and pi.

To 39 decimal places.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh i’ve got a ST with my daughter, so obviously buying our away/cup tickets isn’t a problem, but trying to purchase tickets for friends or family who aren’t in your ‘network’ is more difficult than it should be.

Ah OK - that makes sense. So you have to have everybody's membership numbers? You can't buy on behalf of someone else?