Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Horwich

12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Apparently Sunderland supporters club are making some complaint to the league about the treatment of their fans coins, bottles getting lobbed and police lashing out

from what I’ve seen on various videos both gave it few seats ripped out by them too

neil will be all over this 

Agreed. Sure I saw it was going on at Rotherham yesterday as well.

16 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Apparently Sunderland supporters club are making some complaint to the league about the treatment of their fans coins, bottles getting lobbed and police lashing out

from what I’ve seen on various videos both gave it few seats ripped out by them too

neil will be all over this 

Should that read Sunderland supporters club are making a complaint to the league that they are Sunderland and shouldn't be allowed to get fooked 6 bowt by a team like Bolton. 

Deluded pricks

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Lots of good stuff been said, things I would add:

Trafford got a great kick on him, that punt for our goal.

Fab play out from the back at times.

Great high press at times.

we have got a real “variety” of players now with complimentary strengths

they couldn’t live with our one touch passing.

Now get your membership sorted out. 🤣👍

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Going into the ESL there were people queuing outside the ticket office? Were tickets on sale on the day?

I got my kids tickets on the day like I always do, and once again there was no mention of the Membership Scheme, even though I have registered them.

• Site Supporter

Had a mad dream last night that we played pure liquid football and won 6-0. Got a banging headache too for some reason. Just about to pop out for the Saturday morning paper and a bottle of milk before I get the kids ready for the match. COYWM.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If that game had been against Cambridge or Cheltenham, yes 6-0 would have been ace, but there's no way you get an atmosphere like today with 12k home fans and 300 away fans that you don't know are there.  Them selling out added to the day, no question.

If it was us on the end of that score, it would have been very different. Of course a big crowd helps, but as the game wore on, did their lot gradually get quieter?

I had another thought this morning.

Declan John played well, which is good to see a return to form, against a club who borrowed him last year then never played him over half a season.

He must have loved yesterday, with his late goal especially satisfying. 

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

13 hours ago, Spider said:

Correct

It was like the Prem days today. Sunderland are a big club with a massive following like us.

Regardless of league positions, this is currently the biggest fixture in the third tier, and due to them being top of the league and us on a bit of an upward tick, it made today a genuinely big game.

Both sets of fans have been craving something like this for ages. Needle, aggro, 2 teams that are unpredictable, proper atmosphere.

We were on the right side of it today, and that made it sweet as fuck. But sunlun played their part and for that I’m actually grateful. Cambridge won’t offer the same.

Both clubs, in truth, deserve to be much higher up the leagues based on todays game.

Sheffield Wednesday is a larger football club than Bolton providing Sunderland a bigger match

- More fans, never played in the the 4th Division, won more major trophies, qualifed for Europe more times even though was denied two European campaigns due to Liverpool fans killing people.

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Sheffield Wednesday is a larger football club than Bolton providing Sunderland a bigger match

- More fans, never played in the the 4th Division, won more major trophies, qualifed for Europe more times even though was denied two European campaigns due to Liverpool fans killing people.

Not to us Rog. Bolton v anyone is the biggest fixture

DISCLAIMER: The following post was written in a state of euphoria and should be regarded as lacking sense and realism. I take no responsibility for getting your hopes up which may or may not result in disappointment.

3 wins ont bounce and one against a promotion chasing team might give us the momentum to turn our season around. Not only did we win, we fucking destroyed them. Evatt was right when he said this sort of result has been a long time coming with the way we play. Just no one expected it against Sunlun. The confidence that will give the players will be immense.

No reason we can't see similar scores to that from now till the end of the season. Whilst it was one of those days where everything went right (7 shots, 6 goals), it's clear to see this new formation is solid as fuck. We hunt in packs, swarm the opposition, win the ball back and break effectively.

Dapo and Charles could be one of the most formidable strike partnerships in the football league and it's come out of nowhere. How many years have we had impotent strikers? Suddenly a skilful winger and a 300k bargain are looking like Henry and Bergkamp up front.

We did it last season and I think it's a harder task this time round in a more competitive division but we should take that victory and use it as fuel to go on a run now and we could fly up the table. Everything is to play for. We may end this season as "the best team in the division."

Sitting in 14th means to reach the play offs we'll have to out-perform the results of 8 teams:

Accrington and Cambridge by 2 points with a game in hand over them. Piece of piss.

Portsmouth by 3 points but they have a game in hand over us. Fuck em. We're better.

Burton by 4 points, we have a game in hand over them. They're wank. Easily out do them.

Ipswich by 6 points and Sheffield by 8 points. Only requires 3 more wins than them from now until end of season.

Plymouth by 12 points and Oxford by 14 points. But have a game in hand on both. It's a big margin on paper but assuming we win our game in hand, it turns into 9pts and 11pts. So need to get 4 more wins than them both.

19 games remaining to better the team in the last playoff spot by 4 wins. It's so fucking on lads.

DISCLAIMER: The above post was written in a state of euphoria and should be regarded as lacking sense and realism. I take no responsibility for getting your hopes up which may or may not result in disappointment.