Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Controversial BW opinions....

gonzo

The manager who won the FA Cup 3 times in 7 seasons must have a strong case even though Bolton paid the same wages as Man Utd and Liverpool in those days.He still had to organise a team to go out and win high pressure matches.

Bolton had a smaller budget than Middlesbrough in 2004 but were garbage when it mattered in the opening minutes.Some of it would be on certain players bottling it but also on Sam not preparing them correctly

the hill i'll die on is-

the jayjay goal verses west ham is the best goal bolton will ever score. 

even if they have the longevity of a  a 4 thousand year long roman empire. 

wont get beat. 

imo

still cant believe it . 

1 minute ago, e2e4 said:

the hill i'll die on is-

the jayjay goal verses west ham is the best goal bolton will ever score. 

even if they have the longevity of a  a 4 thousand year long roman empire. 

wont get beat. 

imo

still cant believe it . 

define best

Liam Feeney was one of our best players in his time at our place, and I never got why he was the choice of scapegoat.

Granted we as a team were poor for most of his time at the club.

He was wasteful sometimes, but never stopped running, and was often our only chance of a goal threat.

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Liam Feeney was one of our best players in his time at our place, and I never got why he was the choice of scapegoat.

Granted we as a team were poor for most of his time at the club.

He was wasteful sometimes, but never stopped running, and was often our only chance of a goal threat.

He was limited but showed for the ball and always tried to get sommat going, bellends would be berating him yet cheering on Mark Davies who was usually busying himself playing hide and seek like a big chicken.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There was no need to leave Burnden.

The Reebok is a soulless toilet.

It’s what the club and fans make it, us fans have to up our game, especially the out of tune yoof who sing walking down the Manny Road at a pace I cant keep up with, we’ve got about 4 songs also, all boring.   

28 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There was no need to leave Burnden.

The Reebok is a soulless toilet.

3 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

It’s what the club and fans make it, us fans have to up our game, especially the out of tune yoof who sing walking down the Manny Road at a pace I cant keep up with, we’ve got about 4 songs also, all boring.   

I was assuming the topics are put ironically.

Whilst we've had a great times at Burnden by the final years it was a horror show to be at. People claim it was upgradeable but not once we sold the land behind the Embankment and then built that fecking supermarket.

Stanchions in the way of views, holes in rooves. Those bogs under the Burnden terrace scarred me for life. The pitch itself, with a bow like a Crown Green.

I'll not forget the great games, the noise, the crush, the indimidating atmosphere, the battles. But its time was done.