Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Battle of Burnden.

Tonge moor green jacket

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

25 years ago!

Christ where has it gone?

Article in BN, but it needs subscription. 

Reckon it will take another 25 years though for some Wolves fans to get over it. :)

If you go to the comments section + sign up, you don't have to pay a subscription to read articles.

Wanderers stuff apart,there isn't that much worth reading tbh + you get bombarded with adverts etc.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It was 25 years ago yesterday, there was a gallery posted on the (free) bit of the BN website.

First ever game I attended. Not a bad one to begin with!

Jesus- if you weren't hooked after that, you never would be.

I though SJM would walk to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely SJM was in more danger of walking in the play off game? He was more sinned against in the league game 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Surely SJM was in more danger of walking in the play off game? He was more sinned against in the league game 

You may be correct, but I seem to remember him kicking out as the ball went out for a "goal kick" at the Lever end.

Memory could be playing tricks.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You may be correct, but I seem to remember him kicking out as the ball went out for a "goal kick" at the Lever end.

Memory could be playing tricks.

I had in my mind big Gerry wading in and Fairclough & Proctor holding their own.  The 3-0 win was a couple of years after the play off game wasnt it? SJM was waving to all the Wolfs fans during the warm up and winding them right up! 

37 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I had in my mind big Gerry wading in and Fairclough & Proctor holding their own.  The 3-0 win was a couple of years after the play off game wasnt it? SJM was waving to all the Wolfs fans during the warm up and winding them right up! 

Taggart picked up, with one hand, by the neck, a full back called Jamie Smith and shook him like a rag doll.

No-one went off as there'd only have been one player still on the pitch.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye, plenty of shenanigans. Just had this thought about our striker setting the scene prior to the big melee.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The first two games I attended v Wolves were the 5-1 and this one, what incredible atmospheres they were. It stayed with me from that day to this and I still hate them fuckers.

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Fairclough the hardest man to ever play for us IMO. Hard as nails that fella.