Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (a)

L/H White

6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

A crap dodgy stream that kept freezing every 5 seconds, so not a fluent performance obviously 😀

Our last 3 games could (and perhaps should) have been 2 points for us,but we got 7.

Thats 19 points from the last 21, onwards and upwards!

👍while not at our best admittedly but if anything even more impressed we won it. The options we have are frightening now (for other teams in this league!)COYW 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nice little cameo from Bod, very tidy keeps possession in tight areas, very unselfish, if he can put that in for 90 minutes we’ve got a good one.

I've only seen home games he's played but he's hardly done anything that hasn't impressed me in his brief appearances.  Sadlier the same.  That doesn't mean they are our best players obviously, just different types to for eg Dapo, Charles, Fossey, Morley that look like world beaters one minute and go missing for a bit or have a bad touch the next.  It takes all sorts but the new signings are all exciting, in different ways.  Wierd that Baka was struggling to get a start even before the signings and now with greater competition it would be a brave call to drop him.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've only seen home games he's played but he's hardly done anything that hasn't impressed me in his brief appearances.  Sadlier the same.  That doesn't mean they are our best players obviously, just different types to for eg Dapo, Charles, Fossey, Morley that look like world beaters one minute and go missing for a bit or have a bad touch the next.  It takes all sorts but the new signings are all exciting, in different ways.  Wierd that Baka was struggling to get a start even before the signings and now with greater competition it would be a brave call to drop him.

Baka keeps popping up with important goals, he has to start every game for the forseeable. I’ve stopped questioning IE’s team selections, in Evatt we trust an’ all that.

He’s a winner.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Baka keeps popping up with important goals, he has to start every game for the forseeable. I’ve stopped questioning IE’s team selections, in Evatt we trust an’ all that.

He’s a winner.

He's showing more of a striker's instinct now, getting on the end of crosses.

Probably more natural in that regard than Dapo, but obviously doesn't posses Dapo's other qualities. 

That cross from Fossey today was special, he put a similar one in against Charlton too. Getting balls across with little room is a skill in itself, hopefully players will be happy to gamble and make runs into the box as they learn to trust his ability more and more.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Arguably the best away result under IE, and for a good while pre-IE.

Last 5 games, we've won or drawn the game with a decisive goal in last few minutes 4 times.  That's the difference now, we're finishing games stronger and have creative players without having to rely on Dapo.

few weeks ago  1-0 Down

our heads dropped 

even at 2-1 DOWN we didnt look like we had any fight in us

what a change getting so many late wins 

and still going for it 

Dempsey looks the ideal replacement when Lee is rested. Aimson will cover the 3 at the back

Sadlier will be fresh as will Dadi.......Amaechi and Katchunga will also be two who want mins........Its all about Evatt nursing them through and if Charles got dropped tues i no longer will say ffs its all about management until May

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's showing more of a striker's instinct now, getting on the end of crosses.

Probably more natural in that regard than Dapo, but obviously doesn't posses Dapo's other qualities. 

That cross from Fossey today was special, he put a similar one in against Charlton too. Getting balls across with little room is a skill in itself, hopefully players will be happy to gamble and make runs into the box as they learn to trust his ability more and more.

The pass to Fossey was also class, cut them in half, was it Jones?

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Before we played Sunderland we were 22 points behind them and most of us would have settled for it still being 22 after the game.  5 games and 2 weeks later we're 10 points behind, and still have a game in hand.

We might not catch many teams above us but I'd be surprised if Sunderland finish above us, looking at recent form.

2 minutes ago, Popeyedoyle said:

IF we were to get promoted. Would it be a first for a football manager in England to get 3 consecutive promotions after being a manger for only 3 seasons?

... in a season where a keeper got 4 clean sheets from making his debut. 

Yes, I believe so.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

BA-KA-YO-KO! LOVIN' LA VIDA YOKO! Big cojones to win that especially with the little busy fucker of a ref & linesman. Bale Jr & Captain America were fucking immense by far our two best players. The first half was relentlessly open & we were fucking knackered especially our centre mids but we have a great bench now with real options. John Dadi has impressed me everytime he's come on, never gives the ball away & links up superbly but fans are going to judge him on goals so hopefully he can start getting a few soon. Santos & Traff turned into the chuckle brothers near the end but thankfully didn't cost us. Well done to every single one of them, proper ballsy performance against 12 men away from home.