Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Said it ????

Krimzon

After skimming through a few of the fanzines I found this quote  below , but who said it and about what goal ???

" Magic is the word used in football to describe goals or players that are only a little bit better than ordinary. But this time it was wholly accurate. If ever the unexpected were completely removed from football , well, it wouldnt be football anymore. Of course we need a framework in which to play-the result of coaching and tactics-but we also need qualities that cant be pigeon holed. Call it flair, call it what you like-its the spice of the game. And everyone who saw it on tv doesnt need me to tell them that goal was in that category. It was unpredictable , it was , as we say, a bit special...Yes, you can even describe it with that other word : Magic!"

10 hours ago, waddy256 said:

After skimming through a few of the fanzines I found this quote  below , but who said it and about what goal ???

" Magic is the word used in football to describe goals or players that are only a little bit better than ordinary. But this time it was wholly accurate. If ever the unexpected were completely removed from football , well, it wouldnt be football anymore. Of course we need a framework in which to play-the result of coaching and tactics-but we also need qualities that cant be pigeon holed. Call it flair, call it what you like-its the spice of the game. And everyone who saw it on tv doesnt need me to tell them that goal was in that category. It was unpredictable , it was , as we say, a bit special...Yes, you can even describe it with that other word : Magic!"

Sounds like my school PE report. Apart from the TV bit.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Jay Jay free kick away against Villa, never seen one better. I should think everybody said it? 😉

Remind me. It must've been good to beat his second cup semi final free kick also against villa but at home.