Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (a)

L/H White

Anyone blaming the pitch tonight is a bell. 

We've both had to play on it and Evatt set his team up to play a different game on it. IMHO. 

It's a gamble that hasn't worked. 

But we've rested Charles, Dapo and gethin. 

Not the desired result but not reason for a bipolar ways meltdown 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

We can’t all extol the virtues of a deep squad then complain when we use it and lose.

Didn’t get going tonight but at least Evatt has had a chance to see some players in a game from the start and try something different.

Build, build, build.

Least concerned I’ve ever been about a 3-0 defeat.

Because it was 3-1?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Anyone blaming the pitch tonight is a bell. 

We've both had to play on it and Evatt set his team up to play a different game on it. IMHO. 

It's a gamble that hasn't worked. 

But we've rested Charles, Dapo and gethin. 

Not the desired result but not reason for a bipolar ways meltdown 

Bell then.

Not blaming.

Just a factor

We played too much long ball first half and it just doesn't stick, we know Baka isn't really up to that but thought bod might be better at holding it up. He wasn't. That allowed them to build pressure and get lots of throws and corners which they are clearly well drilled on (probably need to be on a pitch like that). Second half we played more our style and were much more dangerous,  yes they backed off but we score on 70 and think we might have seen a different game.

It is wank, and frustrating but no need to panic. A reality check is all it is and we move on.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Course it's a factor. 

But its a factor we both have to deal with. Not the decider 

Maybe they dealt with it better.

Maybe we arent good enough to go up.

It will all even itself out over the season and we will probably finish where the fans expected last summer 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just now, Horwich said:

Maybe they dealt with it better.

Maybe we arent good enough to go up.

It will all even itself out over the season and we will probably finish where the fans expected last summer 🤷🏻‍♀️

Agree on all 3. 

Temper the expectations

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I’m not sure anyone has said that, but you’re hardly going to see anyone cheer the fucking lads off when we’re 3-0 down at half time, regardless of current form.

I'm sure they did, I heard them. We'll come back strong just need to make sure we don't dwell on tonight it was shit but not defining.

16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Come on, we're not Arsenal.

Might come across as sour grapes. To be honest I couldn't give a fuck. I'd hate to watch that shite every week. Pitch like Hulton lane playing fields , throwing balls into the box all game. It's shit. Since We've started playing football under Evatt I look at those tactics now and I know I wouldn't want to see that at Bolton anymore. 

Just now, Marc505 said:

I'm sure they did, I heard them. We'll come back strong just need to make sure we don't dwell on tonight it was shit but not defining.

Sorry, thought you meant on here where I thought the comments were pretty fair (annoyed but balanced in the wider scheme of things).
I couldn’t get there tonight so can’t comment on the crowd but it sounded like there was some decent backing in the last 20 minutes or so and most were staying to clap off at the end.

You’re right, it’s not defining, especially if we win on Saturday and Tuesday 💪🏼

Think we made too many changes but the thing that cost us was obviously our inability to defend corners or long throws. Don't think Burton are a good team but fair play to them for causing us so many problems with such a simple tactic. Sadlier was the only starter who had a decent game imo.

Class link up by Bod/Dion great goal, hopefully more of that to come. Fair play to them to utilise set pieces & bully us at them like many teams have done. Luckily called it a day at HT & stopped attacking otherwise we could have got a very bad hammering. Evatt got it wrong tonight but many fans wanted to rotate for physicality & to rest Dion it's just not paid off. Still a lot of players who need to gel with each other, think we'll win our next two at home comfortably but away from home we just don't stand up balls coming into the box. Not going to be too cheesed off, we've had a great month or so we're just dogwank on pigfarm pitches. JFH is the biggest shithouse in the EFL with Derek Adams isn't he? 😂. I love a good shithouse but f me he's right up there. Luckily for him they haven't got many fans so they can play like that every week but he can't take that style into a better job that's why he went back. Shit hot player though. 

Well that was under-whelming !

Thought Jon Dadi was MOM , He also got clattered more than Afolyan does . Terrible pitch another terrible ref and a time machine that took us back to 1980's 3rd division football . Mark Came and Dave Sutton would have fuckin loved that match.

Better team in the 2nd half but the game had already gone . Dion with a sweet as a nut goal that gave the score line a bit of respectability. 

Thought Dion and Bodvarsson should have started as we know Baka is crap in the air. 

Unpopular opinion of the night ...I think Williams needs resting as he has been poor for the last 3 games with the exception of the last 10 mins at Morecambe but we have no one else that can play that position apart from Tutte.

Win the next 2 home games and all is right with the World again. 

7 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Might come across as sour grapes. To be honest I couldn't give a fuck. I'd hate to watch that shite every week. Pitch like Hulton lane playing fields , throwing balls into the box all game. It's shit. Since We've started playing football under Evatt I look at those tactics now and I know I wouldn't want to see that at Bolton anymore. 

This ⬆️

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Fucked up tonight IE too many changes in wrong positions

dempsey I thought we was getting a hard man/ball winner seeing nothing

baka scores a few recently but he’s poor sub at best 

With the changes think he as looked at the pitch and the amount of games jones , morley and Charles have played recently and not wanted to risk then

Lee is also out and we have  no direct replacement for Williams available unless you change system and play Johnston there 

It’s poor defending set pieces that has let us down not challenging the first ball into the box then no one winning the second above anything else tonight in my opinion  

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

With the changes think he as looked at the pitch and the amount of games jones , morley and Charles have played recently and not wanted to risk then

Lee is also out and we have  no direct replacement for Williams available unless you change system and play Johnston there 

It’s poor defending set pieces that has let us down not challenging the first ball into the box then no one winning the second above anything else tonight in my opinion  

Absolutely poor defending

Morley shouldn’t need a rest imo bags of energy & fitness 

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely poor defending

Morley shouldn’t need a rest imo bags of energy & fitness 

Morley should be yes but still young and played a lot this season 

agree about Baka though 

Dempsey I was under the impression he was a replacement for sarc so definitely not a hard tackling midfielder type