Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (a)

L/H White

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Burtons U12s in the side stand was funny stewards weighing them up and then went in for one😀

I thought the paedo jibes we’re aimed at their mascot who seemed to be enjoying cuddles with that group of pre-teen boys.

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Another trick missed in not signing a player wanting to play at a higher level for much more money than we could afford?

Seem to be missing a few tricks, don't we?

I believe it was also Masi who said we'd missed a trick not making Dempsey captain.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Can only work the tools we have

but personally I would be looking at them kind of players in the next window, dempsey hmm early days and he needs to settle but looking like some fanny merchant who was the best player in a very poor gillingham side

"Welcome Kyle.

btw Your 261 league games so far in your career count for f'call after 2 here at Bolton".

Jesus, give people a break. Remember how truly, truly shite Santos was after his first few games ? How people decided Jones was crap & no more than non-league standard ? How Comley was ..... OK, maybe I'll stop at this point.

• Members
17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

There was a group of lads last night around about where I’ve circled the photo who were gobbing off and trying their best to be witty all night. About as funny as herpes. 
They started by giving Dempsey dog’s abuse for his part in the first goal even though the ball went over him. After that every time Dempsey got the ball and was unsuccessful in passing he got dog’s abuse.

In second half Burton’s keeper was doing a bit of time-wasting; well, he would do, wouldn’t he? The gobby one in the “witty” group shouted down, “Oi, keeper, if you time-waste like that next time I’m gonna come and twat you!”

I called him out. “Bet you don’t you gobby fucker.” 

He didn’t. 

Sorry fella, threatening to twat a player for doing his job, not acceptable and certainly not witty.

If you recognise yourself, let me say you sounded a cunt.

2A4A3CF6-2593-42A0-B04B-C10C362EC13D.jpeg

41FF553A-A3EB-4025-9869-2D7BF925F4EB.jpeg.f1f415b8a91be0c8a313a9b963891b42.jpeg

Im about here. Was in and around there where I heard such stupid shite 

The abuse the linesman in front of us got was comical. Blind because he did not give off side from a throw in. Think there was a lot of frustration last night as 7 games of hard work blew up in 7 crazy minutes. 
Evatt was clearly reflecting on his selection last night so not sure it is Evatt bashing to echo those thoughts. Also the vast majority of fans 95% or so stayed till the end. We popped in their end for last couple of minutes and all you could was Bolton singing. So let's not tar the vast majority of fans with the negative brush. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Welcome Kyle.

btw Your 261 league games so far in your career count for f'call after 2 here at Bolton".

Jesus, give people a break. Remember how truly, truly shite Santos was after his first few games ? How people decided Jones was crap & no more than non-league standard ? How Comley was ..... OK, maybe I'll stop at this point.

As I also said “early days”

so stop being over dramatic as in true wways style 

• Members
Just now, Ani said:

The abuse the linesman in front of us got was comical. Blind because he did not give off side from a throw in. Think there was a lot of frustration last night as 7 games of hard work blew up in 7 crazy minutes. 
Evatt was clearly reflecting on his selection last night so not sure it is Evatt bashing to echo those thoughts. Also the vast majority of fans 95% or so stayed till the end. We popped in their end for last couple of minutes and all you could was Bolton singing. So let's not tar the vast majority of fans with the negative brush. 

The man who had to pulled away from the lino by the stewards, how he didn’t get thrown out I have no idea he was relentless 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

He picked the defenders he had at his disposal. I guess he could have picked Baptiste but how much difference would that have made. We need upgrades across the backline this summer, it's that simple. We've come out of League 2 and now we are piling up League 1.  Quality and depth in defensive areas hasn't quite caught up with that momentum! 

Yep, my "hindsight" team would have been a flat back 4 of Baptiste, Santos, Aimson, Johnson, Lots of height, and, generally experience. If you look at the 1st and 3rd goals, if  the fullback/wingback would have been in position, them goals wouldnt have happened. 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The man who had to pulled away from the lino by the stewards, how he didn’t get thrown out I have no idea he was relentless 

Tbf he was offering him the use of his glasses, it was just after the kid from diversity had been manhandled and nothing was given. The stewards were ok a couple of fans lost their arses and stewards calmed them down and were laughing with them. 
Was weird in the seats there was a green mesh thing covering the seats for segregation but you had to walk round it to get way in/out, not really crazy corner.

Burton have the best sponsors of stuff in the league, also the music is chosen by a different player every game, it was the twat with the long throw this time

43 minutes ago, Traf said:

Another trick missed in not signing a player wanting to play at a higher level for much more money than we could afford?

Seem to be missing a few tricks, don't we?

fair point, but do you know what he was offered..........Evatt said he wont put the club in debt and fair play for him for that but would he have wanted what we are paying Bodvarrson or Amaechi

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

There is no excuse for a professional football team to concede the same goal three times in 7 minutes. Especially when you knew what they were going to do and you had planned for that. Poor organisation and no desire to win the ball. 

Don’t worry, just write it off because we’re on a good run.

You are of course correct.

We should have defended better in those 11 minutes and can do more work on defensive structure/jobs for set pieces.

However, the sort of football served up by Burton enabled by the referee, together with a sub-standard pitch and a tin pot ground is just horrible. Most of the people of Burton have no interest in it.

Let's keep developing as a team and play our way out of this league.

• Site Supporter

Our homework on the team would tell us they are most effective avoiding actual football and relying heavily on set pieces,  corners and throws so why were we happy to defend by putting the ball out of play allowing them to play to their strengths?  Surely just a punt upfield and let them play football to get the ball into the danger area would have been the better and much safer option. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

certainly was due to the fact he captained another club in this league......your point being?

You can't just strip a player of the captaincy. He's plays better with than without the armband

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You can't just strip a player of the captaincy. He's plays better with than without the armband

They have a way of dealing with that nowadays they diplomatically make two captains and do away with the vice captain.

Dress it up all you want but Jones talks Santos through games and Santos listens does not really matter who spins the coin

• Members
2 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

They have a way of dealing with that nowadays they diplomatically make two captains and do away with the vice captain.

Dress it up all you want but Jones talks Santos through games and Santos listens does not really matter who spins the coin

Cheers for arguing your own point

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

This side against a footballing side will hold their own, but up against shithousing in yer face sides just can't outshithouse them, simples.

I agree to an extent as a fan but the manager and players can’t think that way, they have to find a solution. We’ve tried playing our technical game against shithouses and lost, and we’ve tried playing our physical players against shithouses and lost. Think we got drawn into hoofing it in the air too much when we should’ve been getting it out wide and whipping it into Baka and Bodvarsson as much as possible.

Don’t think the 3-0 (for 90 mins) was reflective of the game overall. Not saying we deserved a win or draw but take that 7 crazy minutes and 3 set pieces away and there really wasn’t much in it.

Maybe that’s just because Burton took their foot off the gas at 3-0 but for me we’ve gone out there with a physical team to match them up and we’ve lost our battles in our own box and there was no way back after that. Bakayoko lost his header for the first one and Fossey fell asleep back post. Second goal Bodvarsson loses his header. Last one was shambles from everyone. Maybe should’ve had a man on the post.

48 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Came out of the ground last night saying I'm never going to that place again, 2 games attended, both shite performances with a great backing.

Told you not to bother 😂😂

Nothing town, team and ground.

Drop in midweek too.

No chance.

Edited by captainmed