Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Rudy

Big test tonight.

Last 3 games we had less possession. The other teams were taking the game to us. Either because that’s their style or because we were in bad form previously and they felt confident coming at us.

Now we’ve drawn attention to ourselves with a big win, I’m assuming that Cambridge will try and make this a cagey affair, and wouldn’t be surprised to see us have 60% possession.

We haven’t made that sort of stat work in our favour much under Evatt, unfortunately.

However, this is the strongest our squad has been in a long time, so if anyone can do it, I’d like to think it’s this team.

Would love to see us dominate the ball and win by a healthy margin not only for tonight but it also gives a harder job to future opposition if they’re less certain about what tactic to use to counter us.

30 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Big test tonight.

Last 3 games we had less possession. The other teams were taking the game to us. Either because that’s their style or because we were in bad form previously and they felt confident coming at us.

Now we’ve drawn attention to ourselves with a big win, I’m assuming that Cambridge will try and make this a cagey affair, and wouldn’t be surprised to see us have 60% possession.

We haven’t made that sort of stat work in our favour much under Evatt, unfortunately.

However, this is the strongest our squad has been in a long time, so if anyone can do it, I’d like to think it’s this team.

Would love to see us dominate the ball and win by a healthy margin not only for tonight but it also gives a harder job to future opposition if they’re less certain about what tactic to use to counter us.

Agreed.  We played some outstanding stuff on Saturday but thinking of previous home games many of those goals wouldn't have had the chance to happen when we've had loads of possession and faced with a brick wall defence (Wycombe etc).  Completely different game tonight, let's get a goal in the first half, scrappy if necessary, and hope the game opens up again.