Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mason Greenwood.

barryk32

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Big E said:

Does that count when people cry rape and get found to be wrong 

They then face prosecution for essentially telling lies and wasting police time.

In this case, I don't think that's the case, but only those involved know the true reality. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Wasn't it her father who alerted the police to his treatment of her, and then she tried to stop the case?

seem to recall her dad coming out in his defence, after she leaked the recordings of him trying to get it on with her (against her will)

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

seem to recall her dad coming out in his defence, after she leaked the recordings of him trying to get it on with her (against her will)

He did. Was mentioned  in this thread, I remember there was online newspaper articles about it and they got pulled quickly.

Having no charges brought against him I think they will let the dust settle, get him fit and reintroduce him say in 12-18 months time. They are still paying him 75k a week. Unless he slips up again or find more shite on him. If he starts performing well and banging the goals in again, do you think he will be picked for England. Answers on a post card please>

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If the recordings proved it 100% then he'd have been convicted.

They sounded terrible, but we don't know the entire story.

Defence would ask to question her in court and when she refuses  there's your 1% doubt.

Have Utd used his squad number yet?

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, green genie said:

Defence would ask to question her in court and when she refuses  there's your 1% doubt.

Have Utd used his squad number yet?

Only beyond reasonable doubt required for conviction, and its not made it to court.

A pity in a way, and the story won't now come out, so folk will continue to make assumptions etc.

My first thought, like that above, was has money been paid- but I can't get my head around why someone would take cash and not go through the process, if the case was so strong. Fairly sure she'd get money anyway if he was convicted.

8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Only beyond reasonable doubt required for conviction, and its not made it to court.

A pity in a way, and the story won't now come out, so folk will continue to make assumptions etc.

My first thought, like that above, was has money been paid- but I can't get my head around why someone would take cash and not go through the process, if the case was so strong. Fairly sure she'd get money anyway if he was convicted.

The video she posted proves guilt , but as they are back together,  causing his breach of bail conditions warnings from GMP, she could be coerced to not give evidence or at worst lie saying she exaggerated. 

Interesting one for Ten Hag. Would you have such a piece of shit in your dressing room ? Surely some of other players have morals.

Mendy must be pissed off as the CPS still going for him when all case was on consent and one case thrown out on video of acuser riding him like a rodeo.

Reckon Thomas Partey may be "injured" if Arsenal drawn away in Spain

Edited by green genie

• Moderators
4 hours ago, green genie said:

The video she posted proves guilt , but as they are back together,  causing his breach of bail conditions warnings from GMP, she could be coerced to not give evidence or at worst lie saying she exaggerated. 

I heard the sound recording, but what was the video?

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

I heard the sound recording, but what was the video?

Yeah the sound recording was smoking gun but video of her with bleeding lip, cuts to face and bruises over body supplemented 

CPS should be ashamed as should her father who seems to be more worried about his pension pot from Greenwood. Be interesting how long the reunion lasts if the football world shuns him

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Does the video show him assaulting her?

Or just injuries?

We can all make assumptions, put 2 and 2 together etc, but lawyers would make mincemeat of that. Just not how the legal process works.

I suspect he won't play for utd again.

there appears to be little doubt he did it

at least Ched Evans went to court, twice, and cleared his name

this will follow Greenwood round forever now, so will anyone really want to take him on?

Forest maybe

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Zico said:

there appears to be little doubt he did it

at least Ched Evans went to court, twice, and cleared his name

this will follow Greenwood round forever now, so will anyone really want to take him on?

Forest maybe

I don't dispute what folk are saying, but the cps have said there is also new evidence, without specifying what it is.

Ultimately though, we have to be thankful that our legal system requires a more thorough investigation than just the opinions of the public.

GG above says that they've got back together- well if true then she isn't helping herself nor others in the same situation.