Attackers

Dapo

Amaechi

Baka

Kachunga

Isgrove

Bod

Charles

The cover , depth and strength in every position is fantastic, if promotion this season isn’t achievable then next season we are set up excellently to have a right crack at it 

Looking at that still think we are a little light defensively,  lose Jones again and that RB/ RCB position will be hard to fill, imagine it would be aimson replacing jones in the defence with fossey ahead. Although isgrove could play in fosseys position whilst he drops back.

Less worried about the left for some reason.

Midfield/attack though has plenty of cover and options. Not sure what happens if we lost Dion, might need a change in formation or tactics as not sure Bod/Baka /sadlier/kacha could play that role

• Members

I don’t see City selling a promising young player so young, it’s not in their blueprint, a loan for another season maybe.

Theres a real battle for places now. I think Dapo in that higher pushing supporting role, takes the burden off Charles to score, a more relaxed forward is a good sign of a healthy squad. 

What I think is interesting is  that to me when Lee is in the side we look a better side, can he play every game? Does he get dropped for Dempsey? 

A few nice headaches to have 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I don’t see City selling a promising young player so young, it’s not in their blueprint, a loan for another season maybe.

Theres a real battle for places now. I think Dapo in that higher pushing supporting role, takes the burden off Charles to score, a more relaxed forward is a good sign of a healthy squad. 

What I think is interesting is  that to me when Lee is in the side we look a better side, can he play every game? Does he get dropped for Dempsey? 

Haven't City loaned out a few players for longer then one season before? Jack Harrison springs to mind. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Yeah... not expecting for him to be sold to us. But if he has a decent rest of the season and is happy here. Would be nice to get a two year loan deal done. 

There’s at least 3 GK’s behind Ederson for the no.1 at city so a longer loan deal would probably suit everyone 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

When Lee ticks we do play better, when he’s off it he’s anonymous, if he’s ticking and we get 2 up get him off after 60/70 minutes and rest him, if he ain’t ticking drag him off at half time. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

When Lee ticks we do play better, when he’s off it he’s anonymous, if he’s ticking and we get 2 up get him off after 60/70 minutes and rest him, if he ain’t ticking drag him off at half time. 

Hopefully Dempsey and/or Sadlier are suitable replacements in that position meaning we won't struggle so much if/when Lee is injured or needs resting 

Certainly less of a concern than before January 

Edited by CambridgeBWFC

Very happy overall. In the summer I think the number one area to strengthen further is central defence. We've got the numbers just now but not the quality in depth to sustain us through injuries and suspensions. Aimson is alright but very League 1 and Baptiste is 36 now. Ideally we could do with two centre backs of good quality and then Santos and Johnston will know they aren't automatic picks and the competition for places will drive up standards. We'll need a keeper too. 

• Moderators

Very happy with the window.

Shift focus to signing fossey and getting a keeper in for next season.

Traf will be on mega bucks and still very early days for me.

He did have a good game a Shrewsbury and we wouldnt have conceded on Saturday if Crellin had been in nets.

In Ian Evatt we trust. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Yeah... not expecting for him to be sold to us. But if he has a decent rest of the season and is happy here. Would be nice to get a two year loan deal done. 

Two year loan then sign for £30m when we get to the PL 

By which time Crellin will have replaced Pickford as Everton and England #1

• Members
21 minutes ago, Popeyedoyle said:

We won 14 of our last 19 games last season and went up. We have 19 games left this season before tonight and with this squad and momentum I haven’t given up on the playoffs.

Need 18 from 24 minimum in feb. Big ask that 

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Need 18 from 24 minimum in feb. Big ask that 

Indeed it is and fatigue and injuries may take its toll playing Tue/Sat. It’s not the end of the world if we don’t make the playoffs and like others have said we’re well set for next season, but momentum and togetherness has never felt this good since arguably Big Sam’s days. I also think Evatt and the board still have designs on the playoffs.