Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next 7 Games - Predictions?

Mantra

Last year I made a "Last 7 Games" topic, for our final run-in of the League Two campaign, as they were our most important fixtures of the season.

This time round, I'd argue that these next 7 games are our most important. We really need to climb the table this month if we have any hopes of achieving something meaningful this season (i.e. play-offs).

I know a lot of people won't even want to consider play-offs right now. But humour me in giving your predictions in what is going to be a season-defining month.

• Morecambe (A) 21st Place
  • Charlton (H) 15th Place
  • Oxford (A) 6th Place
  • Burton (A) 10th Place
  • Wimbledon (H) 20th Place
  • Lincoln (H) 18th Place
  • MK Dons (A) 4th Place

I'll go first:

Morecambe 1 - 3 Bolton

Bolton 3 - 0 Charlton

Oxford 2 - 2 Bolton

Burton 1 - 1 Bolton

Bolton 4 - 1 Wimbledon

Bolton 2 - 0 Lincoln

MK Dons 2 - 1 Bolton

Feel like I'm being way too positive predicting only one loss from 7 games. But that's what I've come to... 14 points from 21. 

Guessing that will put us in somewhere like 8th. Feel like there'll be some massive bullshit go against us as there always is, either a bullshit penalty, or bullshit offside and Burton and MK Dons to me seem like the most likely ones to throw that sort of thing up, not sure why. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

In the thread last year you didn't want to 'tempt fate' until I peer pressured you by calling you a pussy. So I'm not surprised seeing this cop out.

Pussy.

Right then. Bait taken. 

WWDWWDW

• Members

Right fag packet maths time 

Max points we can get is 92

54 available 

To get in the playoffs (6th) in the last 3 seasons not including the pro rata Covid season was on average was 72.6 points 

Which works out at 1.92 points per game 

Currently at 1.35

Since the turn of the year 2.00

Edited by Rudy

• Members
3 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Fcuk the play-offs - what do we need for automatic??

85 on average. Bit low going after last years  80 bringing down the 3 year average 

Could only afford to drop 7 points

we’ll shit em

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Right fag packet maths time 

Max points we can get is 92

54 available 

To get in the playoffs (6th) in the last 3 seasons not including the pro rata Covid season was on average was 72.6 points 

Which works out at 1.92 points per game 

Currently at 1.35

Since the turn of the year 2.00

I see it as we need to win 12 from 17, but there'll no doubt be some draws and I can't be arsed thinking about it further than 12 wins

7 of those are above us currently

plus I think we need to play the bottom 7

it's do-able

as reflected in my £20 to go up at 1500 is currently offering cash out of £55

I won't be too bothered if we don't (unless we miss out by GD or if it's ever in our own hands)

I think if we can get some momentum now, then we should be good to go next season for a promotion push, as the vast majority of the current squad will still be here

2 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Morecambe 1 - 4 Bolton

Bolton 2 - 0 Charlton

Oxford 1-1 Bolton

Burton 1 - 3 Bolton

Bolton 4 - 0 Wimbledon

Bolton 2 - 0 Lincoln

MK Dons 1 - 1 Bolton

WWDWWWD

As per Horwich above.

Edited by Smiley

• Members
13 minutes ago, Zico said:

I see it as we need to win 12 from 17, but there'll no doubt be some draws and I can't be arsed thinking about it further than 12 wins

7 of those are above us currently

plus I think we need to play the bottom 7

it's do-able

as reflected in my £20 to go up at 1500 is currently offering cash out of £55

I won't be too bothered if we don't (unless we miss out by GD or if it's ever in our own hands)

I think if we can get some momentum now, then we should be good to go next season for a promotion push, as the vast majority of the current squad will still be here

Win our game in hand and go and beat Oxford and we’re 6 points 

Would love to be 6 points off with ten games to go

26 minutes ago, Zico said:

18 games to acquire 35 points, to reach @Rudy's calculation of 72.6 points for 6th.

Variations are:

12 wins and 6 losses

11 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses

10 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses.

9 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss.

Can't see the first/last scenarios playing out. 11 wins and 2 draws seems most likely out of those. Still allows us 5 losses which seems realistic.

I know I'm dreaming here, but imagine Wigan dropped off in form and we ended up facing them home and away in the play-offs. There's usually always a team that drops out of the top 2 having been there most of the season and a team that rises into the playoffs in the last few games.

Edited by Mantra

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Mantra said:

18 games to acquire 35 points, to reach @Rudy's calculation of 72.6 points for 6th.

Variations are:

12 wins and 6 losses

11 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses

10 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses.

9 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss.

Can't see the first/last scenarios playing out. 11 wins and 2 draws seems most likely out of those. Still allows us 5 losses which seems realistic.

I know I'm dreaming here, but imagine Wigan dropped off in form and we ended up facing them home and away in the play-offs. There's usually always a team that drops out of the top 2 having been there most of the season and a team that rises into the playoffs in the last few games.

The top 2 are head and shoulders better than anything else in this league over a full season.