Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season tickets 22/23

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, tomski said:

wouldn’t gauge ourselves on any of the 3 mentioned above. Like winning a 1 horse race.

Certainly not a swinging dick post. Posted for no other reason than us needing realise how lucky we are to have such a great fan base.

We’re surrounded by massively supported clubs; United, City, Liverpool, Everton, similar sized clubs; Burnley, Blackburn, PNE, and small clubs; Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and teeny tiny irrelevant clubs; Wigan. Have I missed any?

To be top of the pile after the local big four is quite a thing.

19 hours ago, MickyD said:

Meanwhile, on Morecambeways…

You had me looking up their S/T details, they're a bit unusual.  If they sell less than 1k (standing) they are £175 but if they sell over 1k all adults get £25 back!  Same in seats but initial price is £275.  Last year they sold 2,561 but only the terrace sales earned the £25 reduction! 

They also said only 30% of junior S/Ts were used on average each match, so the stand was "sold out" with loads of empty seats that nobody could buy, so they've put prices up for U14s.  And U14s aren't allowed to buy tickets for any game unless accompanied by an adult, glad BWFC didn't do that when I was growing up.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fantastic.  It was a sad day for me when they replaced S/T books with plastic cards.

They always kept folk on their toes, first home game - ticket number 1

second home game - ticket number 2

third game - ticket number 3

fourth home game - ticket number 8…

Shit!

22 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Decent effort for them and it’s more than Blackburn have sold. 

Rovers sold 7.5k last season (8.5k when half S/Ts are added) and according to the Lancs Telegraph they have "declined to say how many have been sold" and have just extended the early purchase deadline by a week.  So, less than 7k then (but they cost much more than our's).

PNE numbers are swelled by free tickets to U12s, its tickets shifted not "sold".  If our's were free to kids I'd have got 2 for the grandkids, that they would probably never use, but I could spread out more, a no brainer!  

By christ they are hitting hospital very hard, especially considering the various bits I've experienced this year. They need to up their game on the service front to command those prices! 

I think they're setting their stall out for next year's Championship prices & not this years League 1 prices.

*btw, I am definitely not slighting the generosity of superb Bowtun supporters that helped me out a lot this year to attend home games, much love to you all, you know who you are. Special place in my heart ❤ 

I’ve just bought my Platinum ticket for next season and tbf to the Club they’ve offered everyone a £150 loyalty reduction on the advertised £2k price for renewing your ticket before the end of June, happy days. Totally understand your comments and observations BB regarding the service but the lads and lasses working in the room are mainly students (on minimum wage I guess) trying to earn a few extra quid and I’ve always found that they all try their best for you. 

We’re moving back across to a newly renovated suite (used as a temporary court for covid last season) so it’ll be interesting to see whether the service and catering are improved upon going forward. Personally I’m not too bothered about the food and drink element as I’m there primarily to watch the game and I’ve really missed my seat which overlooks both benches. Observing the shenanigans between IE and the opposing bench is worth the admission price alone at times! 

• 2 weeks later...