Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Match day kiosks. Get rid of draft beers!!!

Spider

Bar anyone queuing for; Bovril, crisps, tea, coffee, twixes, hotdogs, pies, pop etc.

There's plenty places on the retail park to get them. So go there before.

Fuck ale off completely and serve only spirits and fortified wines, maybe bottles of Duval.

I used to beat the pre-match queue by nipping to Asda and getting two bottles of Duval, one would get drunk crossing the car park, one would be smuggled in and drank surreptitiously stood against a pillar/girder, then when the queue had died down I'd buy a couple of pints of their piss, tastebuds now stunned by the Belgian stuff.

When I've occasionally gone in the West, I have took a flask of heavily laced irish coffee, it's quite magical getting steadily pissed in the stands and no-one knows any wiser (taps nose) - and I never use instant. The problem is it's so delicious I've drank the lot by halftime so end up buying a couple of pints of their catpiss anyway. Why are we not allowed to drink in the stands, isn't it permitted at rugger bugger games? It's ludicrous.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

Bottles. Simple. Contactless payment only
Cider, lager, some grapefruit IPA for the OAP hipsters 

Buy half-time beer tokens, separate part to go and pick up

Use the bookies for food kiosks.

Its not rocket science 

36 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Bar anyone queuing for; Bovril, crisps, tea, coffee, twixes, hotdogs, pies, pop etc.

There's plenty places on the retail park to get them. 

Bog off you! Where on the retail park can I get a Bovril? In fact, where outside a football ground can I get it?

Does seem daft though that when I order it, it takes a minimum of 2 staff to sort it.  It's taken 3 on the odd occasion! 

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Bog off you! Where on the retail park can I get a Bovril? In fact, where outside a football ground can I get it?

Does seem daft though that when I order it, it takes a minimum of 2 staff to sort it.  It's taken 3 on the odd occasion! 

ASDA its a bastard OXO cube

49 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Get a jar from Asda - then barge into the cafe, get a cup and spoon and make it with water from the geyser.

We own Middlebrook, I've often helped myself to goods and services as a 25 year shareholder...

35 minutes ago, little whitt said:

ASDA its a bastard OXO cube

This ^.

• Site Supporter
On 05/02/2022 at 08:30, Youri McAnespie said:

Singing stands, family stands...

What about pisscan stands?

No kids and no women unless they can keep up with the men (drinking wise) and without starting crying and listening to Adele.

Where the barrier is a shelf about a foot wide, to fit your ale, tabs and phone on while you watch the match.

1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Where the barrier is a shelf about a foot wide, to fit your ale, tabs and phone on while you watch the match.

I actually enjoyed Fosters once, it was ice cold on a hot day in the ESL in the pre-season match against Olympiakos - feet up on the seat in front, it was very civilised.

I never had a pint at Burnden, was there even a bar under The Paddock? I would occasionally make a flimsy excuse to be let out (and back in) to adjourn to the King Bill at half-time for a pint or three. I'd always get there about ten seconds before kickoff so no scope for a pint in the ground, there was sommat magical about walking up the ramp and the pitch coming into view, they missed a trick by not having 'This is Burnden' signs on those ramps for us to touch.

It was less magical hoiking your jeans up and walking a gauntlet of kerbstones above a lake of piss when you went for a piss.

I can only presume the mentally unwell had a shit there.

Edited by Youri McAnespie