Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Throwing stuff

JOGLER

Regarding throwing ‘things’ (I.E. ANYTHING) at a football match, or before or after for that matter (E.G. inside a pub):

It is quite simply childish and can only ever do harm to my (our) club, so if you’ve ever done it &/or plan to do it in the future – you’re a bell-end, you’re most certainly not a supporter of our great football club and the sooner you grow up, or completely stay away from Bolton Wanderers (I don’t care which) the better.

To try and help the hard of thinking, let’s examine the possible outcomes of throwing something:

·        Will it earn us any point(s) = NO

·        Will it endear us to BWFC’s owners, manager, players, staff, supporters = NO

·        Will it help to support claims of racial abuse against our manager/players/staff = NO

·        Will Morecambe use it to deflect some of the blame for racist abuse - YES

·        Could it earn the club a fine = YES

·        Could it earn the club a points penalty = YES

·        Could it cause Bolton fans to have a reduced or complete ban at future away games = YES

·        Could BWFC’s owners decide they do not want to be associated with such behaviour & look to sell the club (to god knows who) at the earliest opportunity = YES

STOP THROWING STUFF OR STAY AWAY!

• Site Supporter
Just now, JOGLER said:

·        Will it endear us to BWFC’s owners, manager, players, staff, supporters = NO

That should be the biggest deterrant. If you throw shit at the match - be it bottles, coins or flares - the club despise you, and you're not welcome.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Don’t see the point to this post highly doubt any folk on here chuck things

Probably not, but there are a few on here who think lobbing stuff and setting off flares is all just fun and games. It's an issue that needs clamping down on before we get punished for it. Imagine if we got a point deduction which meant we missed out on the play-offs, or ESL south became a netted area meaning folk on here had to move from seats they've sat in for decades. Doesn't matter what any of us think about it, the authorities and owners are not happy with it, and they have the final say.

Edited by Cheese

Me and others, like Sweep, are practising about a half hour daily to join the BDO darts tour, if our practise coincides with watching our team and a misplaced throw ends up with a dart hurtling into the opposition support - we should be punished? Nay, Nay, Mr. Wilkes.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

I’m really not sure who they are.

My eldests mob (despite their other foibles) think it’s plain stupid and don’t get it.

Just chatted to him about it and while in crazy corner and on away travels, he’s not identified anyone in the motion of doing it. He’s said if he saw anyone he’d call them out. Our discussion tried to get into the mind-set of the odd few who are doing it. They are either angry/cowardly nutcases who want to harm a player by throwing coins etc or have serious intelligence/self-control issues and throw the nearest empty bottle they can find which is going to cause as much harm as a paper aeroplane - yet bring harm and disrepute to the club.

Bonkers - But as @radcliffe whitesaid wrong audience on here. And we are probably talking a minority of 5-10 idiots. Surely a bit of CCTV can identify them and punish accordingly.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think 18 months with empty Stadiums didn't help, I may be wrong, but it has got worse or it seems to be highlighted more.

Could it be that youngster's up and down the country seem to be letting out some pent up adrenaline after lockdowns, making up for lost time.

Similar things are happening in Education, youngster's seem to think they can do whatever they want and blame covid, lockdowns etc... I'd imagine some will even use the anxiety card to absolve themselves of any blame.

No matter how hard you try, your hypotheticals don't detract from the point that we're all going to suffer the consequences if this shite continues.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fucking drama queens. 

Get a grip you soft cunts.

It's not about what we think, it's what the club, the EFL and the coppers do. All this daft bollocks is going to bite us on the arse.

8 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

One knob threw a plastic pop bottle and 1 other prick threw a cig lighter, neither of which hit their keeper.

On the whole i thought our fans were magnificent yesterday.

Think there was a few more than that tbf. And some numpty nearly hits a couple of our players chucking on a bottle when he scored if you can keep an eye on the edge of the penalty area on the replay (definitely not an empty bottle to go that far). 

That said, it could have been worse… 😳 

• Members
11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

One knob threw a plastic pop bottle and 1 other prick threw a cig lighter, neither of which hit their keeper.

On the whole i thought our fans were magnificent yesterday.

There was more aggro in the car park after it ffs 

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's not about what we think, it's what the club, the EFL and the coppers do. All this daft bollocks is going to bite us on the arse.

Will it balls. What happened after Port Vale?

Or Shrewsbury?

Or Barnsley?

Or the million other lairy as fuck days weve had on the road recently.

Its not just us by any stretch.

...granted the stuff in ESL needs to calm down.

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Think there was a few more than that tbf. And some numpty nearly hits a couple of our players chucking on a bottle when he scored if you can keep an eye on the edge of the penalty area on the replay (definitely not an empty bottle to go that far). 

that lad is going to GERMANY 

33 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’m really not sure who they are.

My eldests mob (despite their other foibles) think it’s plain stupid and don’t get it.

Just chatted to him about it and while in crazy corner and on away travels, he’s not identified anyone in the motion of doing it. He’s said if he saw anyone he’d call them out. Our discussion tried to get into the mind-set of the odd few who are doing it. They are either angry/cowardly nutcases who want to harm a player by throwing coins etc or have serious intelligence/self-control issues and throw the nearest empty bottle they can find which is going to cause as much harm as a paper aeroplane - yet bring harm and disrepute to the club.

Bonkers - But as @radcliffe whitesaid wrong audience on here. And we are probably talking a minority of 5-10 idiots. Surely a bit of CCTV can identify them and punish accordingly.

Correct it won’t get to points deduction or fines for the sake of literally a handful of young lads some folk like a drama

• Members
13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Good effort that. Not like he took his top off  and slipped in the pen area.