Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Throwing stuff

JOGLER

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Will it balls. What happened after Port Vale?

Or Shrewsbury?

Or Barnsley?

Or the million other lairy as fuck days weve had on the road recently.

Its not just us by any stretch.

...granted the stuff in ESL needs to calm down.

I hope you're right and it all amounts to nothing. Just got a feeling the club are under pressure to knock it on the head. All the signs are certainly pointing that way.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think 18 months with empty Stadiums didn't help, I may be wrong, but it has got worse or it seems to be highlighted more.

Could it be that youngster's up and down the country seem to be letting out some pent up adrenaline after lockdowns, making up for lost time.

Reckon there's definitely something in that 

It's always happened 

But seems to be happening a lot more this season

Like Leicester today, never seen a fan take swings at players like that before

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Be reet.

Nice to see some passion amongst our support - although i hate the chucking stuff bollocks.

Much rather see a bit of old fashioned toe to toe, away from  the wimmin & kids obvs.

Aye. Those of a like mind used to sort it out away from the rest of the fans in the main

Seems these days it’s folk who like to hide in a crowd and lob stuff or set smoke bombs off in pubs. And this is not BWFC alone by any stretch

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Reckon there's definitely something in that 

It's always happened 

But seems to be happening a lot more this season

Like Leicester today, never seen a fan take swings at players like that before

Only one I can remember is that Brum fan in Grealish but only went for one player. This mon went at quite a few

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I think 18 months with empty Stadiums didn't help, I may be wrong, but it has got worse or it seems to be highlighted more.

Could it be that youngster's up and down the country seem to be letting out some pent up adrenaline after lockdowns, making up for lost time.

Similar things are happening in Education, youngster's seem to think they can do whatever they want and blame covid, lockdowns etc... I'd imagine some will even use the anxiety card to absolve themselves of any blame.

No doubt; I agree post covid, some folk  have lost their shit. Still don't understand it though.

Sooner or later some group of sociologists and psychologists will do a study and come up with a label for it.

Still cunty.

42 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Think there was a few more than that tbf. And some numpty nearly hits a couple of our players chucking on a bottle when he scored if you can keep an eye on the edge of the penalty area on the replay (definitely not an empty bottle to go that far). 

That said, it could have been worse… 😳 

Lifetime ban, loses his job and a custodial sentence too I would guess.

What possesses people to do that, I have absolutely no idea.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Will it balls. What happened after Port Vale?

Or Shrewsbury?

Or Barnsley?

Or the million other lairy as fuck days weve had on the road recently.

Its not just us by any stretch.

...granted the stuff in ESL needs to calm down.

Like it or not, it's already biting us on the arse.

The membership scheme, dressed up as whatever, still had its roots in the behaviour of a few; someone posted it on here, there was a comment about it in the explanation from the club.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Lifetime ban, loses his job and a custodial sentence too I would guess.

What possesses people to do that, I have absolutely no idea.

some people just don't give a shit.

Mob mentality takes over as does sanity.

As Above, do what you want away from the ground, just not in it..

• Site Supporter

Here’s a thing though, every football crowd has folk like Th’Ogden making videos of crowd reaction. Others, in their dozens and dozens just point their phone camera and press record.

Not knowing if you’re going to appear on Twitter or Facebook doing something you probably won’t be proud of in the sober days after you’ve done something stupid would really make me decide it isn’t worth the few seconds of whatever rush it gives.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Here’s a thing though, every football crowd has folk like Th’Ogden making videos of crowd reaction. Others, in their dozens and dozens just point their phone camera and press record.

Not knowing if you’re going to appear on Twitter or Facebook doing something you probably won’t be proud of in the sober days after you’ve done something stupid would really make me decide it isn’t worth the few seconds of whatever rush it gives.

We are a country full of extremely thick people. It is as simple as that.

23 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Aye. Those of a like mind used to sort it out away from the rest of the fans in the main

Seems these days it’s folk who like to hide in a crowd and lob stuff or set smoke bombs off in pubs. And this is not BWFC alone by any stretch

Best thing they can do is legalise and sanitise the smoke bombs like they do in the MLS. Take away all the danger and excitement of it being an illegal activity and nobody will be interested. I went to Toronto v New York a few years ago and ‘pyro time’ just looked lame as fuck tbh. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Best thing they can do is legalise and sanitise the smoke bombs like they do in the MLS. Take away all the danger and excitement of it being an illegal activity and nobody will be interested. I went to Toronto v New York a few years ago and ‘pyro time’ just looked lame as fuck tbh. 

Flares fair enough but smoke bombs, they go in 2 minutes. 

39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Flares fair enough but smoke bombs, they go in 2 minutes. 

The smoke bombs get chucked because the ones setting them off don’t want to be caught. Take that risk away and they’ll either just keep hold of them and therefore avoid the panic and confusion that sometimes comes when they’ve been thrown, or alternatively it will stop being the cool thing to do and the next craze will arrive.