Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smells a bit like 1993 all this....

gonzo

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just looking at the table and the form, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons in decent form. The rest not so much.

Definitely a chance of the play offs.

MK Dons, last 13 games: drawn 5, won 6 by a single goal and lost 2; a decent team but not running away with any games and scored a total of 1 goal in 4 home games v Doncaster, Gillingham, Ipswich, Wimbledon.  We scored 15 goals in 5 games against them!  Definitely a winnable game and a chance of catching them.

Sheff Wed 3 consecutive aways before today: Lost at Sunderland, Shrewsbury and Oxford, conceding 9 goals and scoring 2!  Another team I expect us to beat, and we'd only need to make up another 4 points on them.

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh i thought that.

The big difference being, that now we can actually go to games & cheer them on - our superb vocal support could be worth a few more points home & away.

The other big difference is I'd pay to watch this team and feel I'd got my money's worth.  Last year was about churning out joyless performances and results, we had to get promoted at any cost.  1 or 2 shots on target per game, hoping one would go in then stifling the game against dire opposition, mainly.

Decent opponents this season and its like its forced us to be more adventurous, to take them on.  Watching BWFC and entertainment in the same sentence. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

GMP are praying we don't bump in to Wigan in the Play offs.

Not sure what would be worse for them, a 2 legger or both sets going all the way to London and back on the same trains :D

We said this before 2 legger would be carnage mass disorder neil wouldn’t cope

I predict Sunderland in semi’s 

I’d rather go up and face the championship challenge than do a Sunderland and think each season will be the one we’ll get promoted.

Anyhow, it looks pretty tough to overhaul 4 of the 9 teams above us. The gap is pretty big and some of them have as many (or more) games in hand as us.

I maintain that the best way to deal with this is focus on the next game and ignore the rest. Do what you can to get the next 3 points and que será, será.

• Site Supporter

Head says we’ll come up gloriously short of the play offs by a couple of points.

Heart says we get in there on the last day and we end up at Wembley.

Whatever happens, we’ve got the club back and the vibes around the whole place will push us somewhere good wherever we start next season.

Happy with either outcome in reality.