Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smells a bit like 1993 all this....

gonzo

9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone else think it’s too soon for us to go up?

Lets have a great season, but lets wait till we can smash it next term.

Just win games and see what happens. I’m sure Sharon would ensure that we’ll be fine next season.

• Members
51 minutes ago, tomski said:

No. I genuinely hate this way of thinking.

Yeah i really don’t get it. You go up. You invest, you work hard you do your best. 

If you have the chance to go up grab it with both hands . We’ll deal with how tough it will be later 

Just now, Rudy said:

Yeah i really don’t get it. You go up. You invest, you work hard you do your best. 

If you have the chance to go up grab it with both hands . We’ll deal with how tough it will be later 

Aye I don’t want to be in L1 any longer than we need to be. 

• Members
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

....the biggest struggle would be keeping hold of Evatt.

He loves the club this is his baby. More or less took over from ground zero. He doesn’t strike me as the type to not finish what he has started. Pay him competitively, continue to back him , mirror his ambitions and I’m confident he’ll stay.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

He loves the club this is his baby. More or less took over from ground zero. He doesn’t strike me as the type to not finish what he has started. Pay him competitively, continue to back him , mirror his ambitions and I’m confident he’ll stay.

What do you call competitively? For the league we’re in or from the league of the club wanting him?

• Members
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

What do you call competitively? For the league we’re in or from the league of the club wanting him?

If the board outline that they want to compete at the top end of the championship then they’ll have to pay him to match what a manager at the top end of the championship is on. 
FV seem quite shrewd in their business dealings so I think the way they would do it is bonus based 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone else think it’s too soon for us to go up?

Lets have a great season, but lets wait till we can smash it next term.

Most certainly not.

These players have been brought us in to do just that.

Might be too late, might not but if you're on a roll just keep going and worry about next season afterwards. 

Would feel a bit of a kick in the teeth for them if they got so close but failed at the end, so just keep believing in themselves, keep winning and enjoy the ride.

Iirc, some said last year it might be too soon to go up. Bet they don't feel that way now. :)

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Most certainly not.

These players have been brought us in to do just that.

Might be too late, might not but if you're on a roll just keep going and worry about next season afterwards. 

Would feel a bit of a kick in the teeth for them if they got so close but failed at the end, so just keep believing in themselves, keep winning and enjoy the ride.

Iirc, some said last year it might be too soon to go up. Bet they don't feel that way now. :)

Aye we dont go up and Someone like Derby come in for Evatt.

He takes fossy, charles and dapo with him.

Shaz decides shes had enough and sells the club to swiss tony and his mate bassini.

The fans riot, east stand gets closed for good and they build a supermarket on it.

We then go bust and end up playing Bury in the north west counties.

Be careful what you wish for :D

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Shaz decides shes had enough and sells the club to swiss tony and his mate bassini.

The fans riot, east stand gets closed for good and they build a supermarket on it.

And then she takes over as chair of Blackburn when the chicken botherers fuck it off.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Fucking hell, you woken up with the fear today or what?!

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I'd top meself

Worked with a Vale supporter in Chester in early 93 with them and the other potteries team were neck and neck at the top and miles in front of us, he was fucking gutted when we pipped them on the last day of the season. He was on suicide watch when the Baggies beat them at Wembley.

29 minutes ago, L/H White said:

There is potential of, us, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn, Wigan & Preston all being in the championship next season 

Pray for Neil should it happen 

Im taking my seat home with me after last day if we go up. 

23 hours ago, leigh white said:

Worked with a Vale supporter in Chester in early 93 with them and the other potteries team were neck and neck at the top and miles in front of us, he was fucking gutted when we pipped them on the last day of the season. He was on suicide watch when the Baggies beat them at Wembley.

Remember footage of the vale fans at Blackpool tuning into our game as theirs finished a few minutes earlier

had a bloody good team vale that year we did well 

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Remember footage of the vale fans at Blackpool tuning into our game as theirs finished a few minutes earlier

had a bloody good team vale that year we did well 

The 0-0 draw at their place in March is massively underrated.

Peter Swan ran us ragged and hit the bar.

Lost that and momentum goes.