Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smells a bit like 1993 all this....

gonzo

• 11 months later...
13 hours ago, Zico said:

Ipswich at home, then Sheff Weds away 

Big week that 

It is. Currently Ipswich are on the slide ... hardly free fall but the results aren't what they were.

Wednesday's are, sadly. Here's hoping for a slip up but I'm not expecting it.

Derby, for all their ability have hot days & cold days. Plymouth, a surprise so far, I still feel the wheels could come off.

Barnsley are the dark horses.

9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It is. Currently Ipswich are on the slide ... hardly free fall but the results aren't what they were.

Wednesday's are, sadly. Here's hoping for a slip up but I'm not expecting it.

Derby, for all their ability have hot days & cold days. Plymouth, a surprise so far, I still feel the wheels could come off.

Barnsley are the dark horses.

And Wycombe. 

As much as Plymouth are a surprise, I don't see any evidence or reason to think they will drop off, any more than anyone else.  And their last 10 fixtures are against middling/lower teams, I just can't see anyone else outside the top 2 being so good that they get about 10 more points than them.

9 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

We had a mammoth finish in 93

one defeat at bradford in about 18 games from this point in the season and majority wins not many draws

think after the game at Sheffield we will have a good idea

That defeat at Bradford was one of the most unjust results I've seen.  It was 1-1, we were piling the pressure on for the entire 2nd half (I may be looking through rose tinted specs) and as we chucked men forward to grab the winner they broke and scored in injury time, joke result.  I was stood very near their celebrating kop, we filled 2 (low capacity) sides. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That defeat at Bradford was one of the most unjust results I've seen.  It was 1-1, we were piling the pressure on for the entire 2nd half (I may be looking through rose tinted specs) and as we chucked men forward to grab the winner they broke and scored in injury time, joke result.  I was stood very near their celebrating kop, we filled 2 (low capacity) sides. 

Bolton fans all over the home sections that day, yeah it was a cheap goal the winner free header if remember 

24 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Bolton fans all over the home sections that day, yeah it was a cheap goal the winner free header if remember 

Aye we were in the home end with loads of others. My Dad got the tickets off Bryan Edwards who was their physio at the time. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

And Wycombe. 

As much as Plymouth are a surprise, I don't see any evidence or reason to think they will drop off, any more than anyone else.  And their last 10 fixtures are against middling/lower teams, I just can't see anyone else outside the top 2 being so good that they get about 10 more points than them.

Their best player is out for a good while.

I expect Plymouth to slip up second half of the season. No way they can keep this up without their keeper.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Their best player is out for a good while.

I expect Plymouth to slip up second half of the season. No way they can keep this up without their keeper.

Fortunately we had lined up a very good keeper as back up expecting a bid for Cooper so not end of the world..

14 wins from 15 home games and started with Mumba , Matete and Azaz on bench yesterday with Ennis and Scarr injured. Totally different to last season where you could see the team run out of steam