Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (A)

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen that Ipswich are taking around 7200 to mk this weekend.

Ignore the player comments,

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/luke-woolfenden-on-itfc-away-support-8682168

Aye, probably most of them on k & f transport. Hope that they enjoy the day at a soulless franchise club.

They’ll never have an away day like ours last weekend.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Steejay said:

Aye, probably most of them on k & f transport. Hope that they enjoy the day at a soulless franchise club.

They’ll never have an away day like ours last weekend.

It's a good turn out however they get there.

Here's a question- would we take 7200 to Wigan if we got the tickets?

• Site Supporter

100 miles all on decent dual carriageways and motorways. Fairly impressed with numbers but it’s probably one of their more local games. How many teams are in EFL1 within a 100 mile radius of UoB compared with 100 miles from Ipswich? 

6F33C50B-D8B5-4A73-A38C-5E90EAE3D1EE.png

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's a good turn out however they get there.

Here's a question- would we take 7200 to Wigan if we got the tickets?

With a fair wind behind us, a few wins and a Saturday (the latter looks unlikely this year), then I don't see why not given how quickly tickets for the League Cup game sold out. Not to mention when we used to take similar numbers to Ewood.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

With a fair wind behind us, a few wins and a Saturday (the latter looks unlikely this year), then I don't see why not given how quickly tickets for the League Cup game sold out. Not to mention when we used to take similar numbers to Ewood.

I agree.

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Wasn't it £10 for the cup game?  Makes a huge difference to £25 or whatever.  The big away crowds at Ewood were cheap tickets too.  Some games in the Prem, we only took about 1,000 (that one when Vaz Te fell over that was on TV, and the Sunday one when it snowed, we only had the top tier).

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Wasn't it £10 for the cup game?  Makes a huge difference to £25 or whatever.  The big away crowds at Ewood were cheap tickets too.  Some games in the Prem, we only took about 1,000 (that one when Vaz Te fell over that was on TV, and the Sunday one when it snowed, we only had the top tier).

there were loads of games in the premiership where we had pitiful away attendances 

5 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

there were loads of games in the premiership where we had pitiful away attendances 

The last few years in the prem were pretty shit, loads had sacked it off because of poor performances and expense…. Thankfully many of those fans now back onboard. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye, some of us soldiered on… 

I had my 4 or 5 I always went to, Ewood, Sunderland, Wigan, Everton & Fulham because they were easy to get to or never got moved for TV.

As it happens, Wigan is now 1 I can’t be arsed with and won’t be going this year either

• 2 weeks later...