Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (A)

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Nothings really changed league wise with that result.  7 days rest, we go again.  

Most teams have gained on us except Plymouth and Wycombe who lost, the gap from top 6 is now 7 points from 5, not a good day. And them Wigan cunts as per usual failed to do us a favour. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I wouldn’t have taken 13th, why would you?

Anyway it’s more the fact that we can’t seem to grind out an away draw, only 1 all season and quite a few defeats by the only goal.

10th place finish or better will be progress and something that was looking highly unlikely on NYD.

Newly promoted team, Doyle up front on his own much of the time, poor goalkeeper, I would have been more than happy with 13th.  Before the Sunderland game 13th seemed over ambitious.  Different team now of course, just enjoying the home games, the best entertainment we've had for years.  Need to improve away as you say, the failure to equalise in most games or to take an early lead are the obvious weak points. 

That was shocking 

Their centre back was given far to much time with the ball 1st half, ball over the top everytime that eventually lead to their first goal, lucky to not be 2 behind when it came back off the post 

Gifted them their 2nd 

We had a good spell last 10 of first half and decent spell in 2nd half 

Rubbish 

Edited by L/H White

• Site Supporter

We’ve got to the point where very small gains lead to big differences. We are too naive at teams (or honest as the case maybe). 
We still make too many individual errors which is either down to lack of experience or just not being good enough but top and bottom of it, we weren’t good enough in the first half of the season to claw this back.

I honestly think we’ll be up in the top 4 or 5 next season. Needs a small improvement and I expect us to sort it. Evatt has improved us massively in 20 months. He’ll have us kicking on again in summer

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

One thing I don’t like is the constant changing around

Baka isn’t a starter but he’s given IE a headache recently

dapo Charles & dadi must start for me 

When you play so many games in a short spell it’s inevitable, thought we should have gone to a back 3 second half, but suppose you have to back Evatts calls as he usually get it right. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

One thing I don’t like is the constant changing around

Baka isn’t a starter but he’s given IE a headache recently

dapo Charles & dadi must start for me 

Couple of days rest and we’ll be ready to pump Gillingham by 4 next week

• Site Supporter

Once they realised the ref was going to give them everything they fell over on cue and broke up any momentum we tried to create. Linesman should’ve spotted the handball too. But they passed the ball better than we did and apart from the header onto their bar we did nowt. 
Dempsey improving and our best player I thought. But not much else to say apart from we looked tired. 
Will be better next week. 

49 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Is it possible to catastrophize a fact?

Dont use long words that you don’t understand.

Is the use of a word to summarise a fact🤷‍♂️I think it’s subjective hence my question.

Maybe I’ve underestimated your intelligence but maybe you can unseats  why.

Not a bad team that lot, managed the game well, threw themselves to the floor for every 50/50 . Lewington spoke to the ref all the time, must be buddies!

Fuckup by Trafford for the 2nd, you cant be looking at playing out with 10/15 to go when you are losing!

Cant think of many positives really? think Dempsey looked good, and Charles the battler was himself, but should have squared to the Bod late on. Williams a big disappointment for me, continually passing back!

One more last frustration. Something that may sound trivial, but is not. When the opposition take a throw in, mark the fuckin thrower! 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Not a bad team that lot, managed the game well, threw themselves to the floor for every 50/50 . Lewington spoke to the ref all the time, must be buddies!

Fuckup by Trafford for the 2nd, you cant be looking at playing out with 10/15 to go when you are losing!

Cant think of many positives really? think Dempsey looked good, and Charles the battler was himself, but should have squared to the Bod late on. Williams a big disappointment for me, continually passing back!

One more last frustration. Something that may sound trivial, but is not. When the opposition take a throw in, mark the fuckin thrower! 

Not seen loads of Dempsey but he does look far more effective a bit deeper rather than pushed just behind the front men