Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (A)

Rudy

Unfortunately there are quite a few Bolton fans who attended yesterday's game who should find something else to do one Saturday and Tuesday. I had 3 young lads in front of me who were moaning from the kick off. 2 lads to my left who were literally shouting at their own players and then a bloke 2 rows behind who went into overdrive in the second half. Seemed genuinely disappointed when Trafford made a save after he had announced "there's the third goal coming". 

Not only were they abusive, they seemed to have no knowledge or understanding of football. It was as if they have never played it never watched it. Most of what they were shouting didn't make any sense.

I get agitated every Bolton game I watch, with the shit referees, with dirty opposition players and people pretending they have been fouled. If we lose a game I literally cannot watch the highlights, even to see if was handball.

But shouting at and abusing your own players during the game.   

• Members
Just now, Tony said:

Unfortunately there are quite a few Bolton fans who attended yesterday's game who should find something else to do one Saturday and Tuesday. I had 3 young lads in front of me who were moaning from the kick off. 2 lads to my left who were literally shouting at their own players and then a bloke 2 rows behind who went into overdrive in the second half. Seemed genuinely disappointed when Trafford made a save after he had announced "there's the third goal coming". 

Not only were they abusive, they seemed to have no knowledge or understanding of football. It was as if they have never played it never watched it. Most of what they were shouting didn't make any sense.

I get agitated every Bolton game I watch, with the shit referees, with dirty opposition players and people pretending they have been fouled. If we lose a game I literally cannot watch the highlights, even to see if was handball.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is having played the game a prerequisite of watching? 

Yesterday one or two needed shouting at. It isn't my style but I can certainly understand the frustrations. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Yesterday one or two needed shouting at. It isn't my style but I can certainly understand the frustrations. 

Surely you’re used to it. I can’t be arsed it’s been happening more and more all season but for as long I’ve watched us we’ve had bellends shouting ridiculous things. 

29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I literally meant, have they ever kicked a football.

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Like I said MK day trippers

Gillingham wheat from the chaff

Oh missed a game have we 😅

MK did us tactically 

Stretched us like we do to teams at home and won 2nd balls

Wigan and Rotherham at home plus yesterday are the only times I think we’ve seen genuinely better teams rather than self sabotage

V impressed with their Manager. Seems there is one Manning that knows football 😃

Just now, jules_darby said:

Oh missed a game have we 😅

MK did us tactically 

Stretched us like we do to teams at home and won 2nd balls

Wigan and Rotherham at home plus yesterday are the only times I think we’ve seen genuinely better teams rather than self sabotage

V impressed with their Manager. Seems there is one Manning that knows football 😃

😀😀 seen a pic of you and the boys at the station yesterday result aside presume you had a good day🍺🍺

Got to be disappointed as we wanna win every game we play but not devastated 

A good reality check and we’re still on a great run

Keep the faith; good retention and recruitment this summer and we’ll really be there next season

be reet 🙂

Edited by jules_darby

got to be said what a god awful place milton keynes is. all roundabouts and straight roads, and all chained eateries. a slightly posser version of skem, not keen on there ground either another souless bowl, some of them seats must have never been sat in, they were better than us, we were poor and look flat.

would like a midfield 3 of morley,dempsey and sadlier. think the later hasnt had the minutes his performances have shown so far. dion and dapo upfront.

next season if we are going to play the same way a few more defenders with confidence with the ball at there feet.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Yes it's soulless because MK don't have enough fans to fill it, average around 7/8k and 20% of those are away fans, its a 30k stadium and one of the better néw grounds, imo.

to be honest the whole of mk is fuckin souless, iam just not a lover of modern stadiums, give me a accrington over a milton keynes anyday.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I think it's a great ground.  The wide concourses that overlook the pitch, comfy seats, plentiful bogs and snack bars etc.

Its way too big and smart for them plastic c*nts though.

I was unexpectedly impressed with the ground. Red Lion was a good pre match pub to. They rolled out some free Jagerbombs before we left!

Agree that they were the first decent side we’ve come against since Rotherham and we weren’t a million miles away from them, they took their chances. 

General consensus is that MK were just better than us, and defeat is expected/acceptable.  But looking at the home results of MK Dons and Burton illustrates how poor we've become away.  Burton's last 6 home games have been 3 home defeats without scoring, 2 draws and no wins except when they played us, when they had the game won in 20 minutes.  MK's previous 8 homes have been 2 defeats, 3 draws and just 3 wins, all by the odd goal and all against bottom half teams.  Their only routine, 2 goal win was against us.

Genuinely puzzling why we look so strong at home and so poor away, it can't all be down to poorer pitches surely.

4 hours ago, fester58 said:

got to be said what a god awful place milton keynes is. all roundabouts and straight roads, and all chained eateries. a slightly posser version of skem, not keen on there ground either another souless bowl, some of them seats must have never been sat in, they were better than us, we were poor and look flat.

would like a midfield 3 of morley,dempsey and sadlier. think the later hasnt had the minutes his performances have shown so far. dion and dapo upfront.

next season if we are going to play the same way a few more defenders with confidence with the ball at there feet.

Woah they have mobile robots delivery takeaways. 

It's the future , but not round here .

They have had over 300 for 2 years and not one has gone AWOL . 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

General consensus is that MK were just better than us, and defeat is expected/acceptable.  But looking at the home results of MK Dons and Burton illustrates how poor we've become away.  Burton's last 6 home games have been 3 home defeats without scoring, 2 draws and no wins except when they played us, when they had the game won in 20 minutes.  MK's previous 8 homes have been 2 defeats, 3 draws and just 3 wins, all by the odd goal and all against bottom half teams.  Their only routine, 2 goal win was against us.

Genuinely puzzling why we look so strong at home and so poor away, it can't all be down to poorer pitches surely.

It’s worrying and is being masked by our staggering recent home form.

Over the season losing 11 aways out of 18 games is extremely poor and it must change next season if we are to mount a play-off push. 

5 hours ago, fester58 said:

Exactly the reason why I didn’t go. 

I’ve been once and will never ever go again.

Football isn’t just about the 90 minutes for me, it’s about the day out…..

Long day out , but enjoyed it.

Match was a disappointment players finally ran out of ideas.Maybe if the header had bounced in or Dapo had not been pulled back we may have got something. 

Early Start . 05.30 taxi to Bolton. 

Meet up with Sputnik , Ashburner St , The Dog , Pinocheo's Dad and Budgie.

Replacement buzz to Piccadily. 

All aboard the 07.15 to Milton Keynes.  Stopping at Stoke to enable our guide for day Whispering Bob . ( The Bat is negotiating Pensions in Tenerife with a Russian Oligarch). ( Swedish Al is awol apparently "finding his inner soul ").

Rattler pulled in at 08.47.

Straight to ticket machine - purchased to Bletchley one way, serious educational excursion.  Found out all about the " enigma code " ( Well read some notices in Captain Ridleys Shooting Party ( spoons). Surprisingly we were not the only BWFC there .

11pm mooched down to Fenny Stratford . Straight into  a soulless hostelry fosters and johnsmiths on tap. Hit the juke box , Motorhead filled the airwaves . Landlord frantically searching unsuccessfully for the remote . Hawkwind , Green Onions , Sabbath and The Jam helped the John Smiths go down. As we departed to Chequers I slipped the remote back onto the bar.

Chequers proper craft ale bar , quickly filled up with Wanderers fans .

Then visited the Bull & Butcher . Big big mistake made as welcome as a fart in a florist . " you lot can come in but no one else , we cannot have football fans and serve meals " 

Unfortunately we had already bought drinks , supped up and left . Not before I had put my point of view to the landlord  .

Ashburner St ushered me out ,quickly calming me down by point out a decent chippy offering " Fish Barms £4.50".

Onto the Red Lion by the canal, unfortunately we arrived late and missed the synchronised swimming event by Bolton's finest .

We first found the Lion around 4 years ago, was very quiet then. Now it's advertised as a away fans stop off. It's a great pub , great staff.

14.30 swift route march to the ground . It is a good stadium pity its never full.

After the match jumped onto a service buzz back to the town centre . Then a walk to the Moon ( spoons) avoiding the mobile robots. 

Spoons was packed , Wanderers and Rugby fans.

19.50 train back to Manchester.  Imprompt vocal performance by The Dog and Budgie declaring their undying love for Fozzey !! ( it's out there on the interweb)

Back to Bolton , majority headed home .

Sputnik and Ashburner wandered off down Newport St . Definitely May Be i assume .